The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. I'm done. It's like pouring water on a brick. Nothing is absorbed.

Sorry to all of the reasonable posters that I subjected to this.

I just find it hard to believe that one guy would want to impose his will on a thread because it's his "right" to do so.

"I'll post anything I damn well please and to hell with the rest of you"

He probably gets in the 12 items or less line at the supermarket with 50 of the same item, counts it as one item and can't see what the problem is...

Doesn't seem to be very considerate, IMO.

I just find it hard to believe that one guy would want to impose his will on a thread because it's his "right" to do so.

He probably gets in the 12 items or less line at the supermarket with 50 of the same item, counts it as one item and can't see what the problem is...

On the bright side of the zombie apocalypse.....very short queues in the supermarkets!! :mug:

....... yeah it seems wierd that one guy would do that...........
pointless

However i am done arguing.
Was watching the wire to see how good of an actor the guy who plays Tyrese is... holy crap, he is amazing, cant wait to see him do his thing. On a side note dont you think its wierd that they have one black guy die and replace him with another, afirmative action#sarcasm

yeah the token black guy replacement seemed somewhat obvious. I hope it wasn't really as simple a decision as that.

The key to survival in any disaster movie, don't be the blak guy. Second, don't be a cop one week from retirement.

Actually tyrese is a planned character.. he is in the comic originally.

If they he is like he was in the comic you guys will REALLY like him, cool character.

Dont forget that virgins live the longest and if you have sex you die.. every horror and disaster movie

yeah the token black guy replacement seemed somewhat obvious. I hope it wasn't really as simple a decision as that.

The key to survival in any disaster movie, don't be the blak guy. Second, don't be a cop one week from retirement.

I think TDog was the token black guy, as there aren't any black characters through the early comics before Michonne. Even the name TDog seemed ridiculous.

Then maybe dont watch a tv show based on a comic? or dont watch a movie based on a book?

Have you ever watched a spinoff show? Well this show is just a spinoff of the comic, if you dont like that tough cookies.

Yall need to hike up your skirt and get the sand out of your panties. Dont get mad if you read a post that said SPOILER ALERT and got info you didnt want. That like me standing here saying im naked dont look anjd you looking and getting mad at me... nah your the one that looked jack
Dont get mad just dont read it. Im not forcing you to read my posts nor are any of the fans of the comic

No. Don't talk about things that haven't happened on the show in the thread .
This is a place to talk about the show, it's not a spot to try and be cool for having read the comic.
News flash. Just like any other spot in the world, nobody is going to be impressed that you read comics. Still doesn't make you cool.

ugh.... people get a clue really.
1. not trying to be cool, trying to speak with people who enjoyed the comic too
2. If you dont like it dont read it, you have the choice
3. quit trying to argue, im done.

I can post a summation of the comics up until now and ruin the show for you since you HAVE to read what I post.

Wasnt going to post but since i felt it nessacary to swat the fly

I agree 100% riffraff, I however hoped we would get to see tdog vs one handed wonder warrior. Kinda dissapointed it didnt happen

This is getting ugly and wildly off topic for no good reason. Let's set up a few ground rules, not unlike HBT's overarching terms of use:

No namecalling or needless off topic bickering.

It's only natural for those familiar with the comic to draw comparisons and conclusions. If you're going to reveal events that have not yet happened in the show, please at least preface the post with SPOILER ALERT. The white text option is a nice touch, so, if able, try to use that technique in addition to posting the warning.

If anyone violates these simple guidelines, use the report post button to draw the mods' attention to the post. We probably won't make this thread a priority, but we'll (I'll) help where we (I) can. There is no need for an otherwise entertaining thread to degenerate into an argument that isn't about the show/plot itself.

It might also be nice to wait a day after the most recent episode has aired before posting details about it, just in case someone in another time zone has not yet been able to watch it. I'm not going to be so strict as to moderate such posts, though. It's just as easy avoid reading this thread if you don't want to see plot details on episodes you've yet to watch.

And on that note, shall I propose that under the agreement that Lauren Cohan is smoking hot and the show is just a damn good entertainment venue, we keep things positive and share in discussion that does not ruin the show for anyone whilst pondering the finer points of something we all really like. I've had 2 7%'ers on an empty stomach, so I may sound a bit like a tool by writing this.

I have to admit after reading the posts of today.. I don't like spoilers either, but the thread is titled "The Walking Dead".. not "The Walking Dead TV Show Only"

SPOILER ALERT would be nice, but I can see where people don't think it's only for the show instead of just the entire following.

I think TDog was the token black guy, as there aren't any black characters through the early comics before Michonne. Even the name TDog seemed ridiculous.

Tyrese was there before Michone was. Actually before the farm even.

The show and the comics have become so different between people that are dead, not dead, introduced, haven't showed up yet... it's hard to keep track of them.

This is getting ugly and wildly off topic for no good reason. Let's set up a few ground rules, not unlike HBT's overarching terms of use:

No namecalling or needless off topic bickering.

It's only natural for those familiar with the comic to draw comparisons and conclusions. If you're going to reveal events that have not yet happened in the show, please at least preface the post with SPOILER ALERT. The white text option is a nice touch, so, if able, try to use that technique in addition to posting the warning.

If anyone violates these simple guidelines, use the report post button to draw the mods' attention to the post. We probably won't make this thread a priority, but we'll (I'll) help where we (I) can. There is no need for an otherwise entertaining thread to degenerate into an argument that isn't about the show/plot itself.

It might also be nice to wait a day after the most recent episode has aired before posting details about it, just in case someone in another time zone has not yet been able to watch it. I'm not going to be so strict as to moderate such posts, though. It's just as easy avoid reading this thread if you don't want to see plot details on episodes you've yet to watch.

Yuri, any issues with someone starting a new thread specifically for the show when the season starts again?

You know as well as the rest of us that this will not stop comparisons to the comics.

I'm trying to stay on the cordial side in regards, but this is a crappy situation. There are people who don't and won't read the comics, and have had parts of the show ruined because some people can't be considerate. It's just best to split the conversations. Talk about the comics and the show in a thread with comic readers, keep the show separate for those who haven't read the comics. It's quite simple, and would be considerate for those of us who haven't read them.

Has anyone played the Walking Dead game by Telltale Games? My brother bought me a copy a few weeks back, and I've been playing it off and on since then. I don't follow video games at all, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I'm impressed. It is very story driven, and in classic walking dead fashion you are constantly put into situations where there's just no good decision.

It's a parallel story with no overlap with the TV show (at least not so far; not sure about the comics).

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a moderator, so forgive me if I speak out of school... but in this particular forum, isn't a CERTAIN amount of bickering to be expected?

Has anyone played the Walking Dead game by Telltale Games? My brother bought me a copy a few weeks back, and I've been playing it off and on since then. I don't follow video games at all, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I'm impressed. It is very story driven, and in classic walking dead fashion you are constantly put into situations where there's just no good decision.

It's a parallel story with no overlap with the TV show (at least not so far; not sure about the comics).

I've played the first episode and a half. I love it, and would really like to replay with different choices. It is supposed to take place during the time between the outbreak and Rick waking up so there should be very little cross over.

As far as games go, it's been universally lauded as a step forward in story telling in games. Clementine especially is considered to be a very strong character.

Looks interesting. I've never really been into zombie games, but I might give it a shot. I wish there were a trial version.

Looks interesting. I've never really been into zombie games, but I might give it a shot. I wish there were a trial version.

It's not a typical zombie game. It's more of a puzzle game or old school adventure game where you walk around and interact with people and make choices. The quick action that happens is usually done in the format of the quick time events vs FPS or action game styles. If you've ever played the Monkey Island games it plays more like those.

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a moderator, so forgive me if I speak out of school... but in this particular forum, isn't a CERTAIN amount of bickering to be expected?

Sure, but not namecalling and insulting other members. Doesn't matter which forum, that's not allowed on HBT.

Plus, sometimes threads just run off the rails. Rather than close the threads, its sometimes better to try to just straighten things out a little.

Was excited to watch The walking Dead tonight...then I realized the next episode will be aired on Feb 10 2013, My birthday! I'm all bummed now. Guess Ill watch reruns of Moonshiners :tank:

Was excited to watch The walking Dead tonight...then I realized the next episode will be aired on Feb 10 2013, My birthday! I'm all bummed now. Guess Ill watch reruns of Moonshiners :tank:

Theres always mythbusters too... but it will be a hard hard wait. I havent watched TWD webisodes or alot of there othe content online so that should burn some time if i space it out.

Project Tv is a good site, but if their videos lag or don't work go to The Dare Wall. Watched The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and True Blood on those sites.

Project Tv is a good site, but if their videos lag or don't work go to The Dare Wall. Watched The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and True Blood on those sites.

Good to know....I usually fine a link on projecttv and let it buffer the whole thing then watch it with no issues. Got a streaming site for football?

Thank you moderators! Sorry for "calling it as I see it" and making you delete my awesome addition to the thread.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I think the spoiler alert could be done a bit better.

SPOILER ALERT! Insert thing to ruin people's enjoyment of the show.

Isn't that adequate. How many people just stopped reading at the end of the first sentence and didn't see any part of the beginning or perhaps caught some of the end while reading the sentence above it?

Might I suggest:

SPOILER ALERT!

Spoilers here...

The added space makes it hard to inadvertently read stuff you'd rather avoid. Just my 2c and maybe my eyes wander to much while I'm reading...

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I think the spoiler alert could be done a bit better.

Not to be a jerk or continue beating our dead horse but this whole thread could be considered a spoiler, I don't read updates unless I'm up to date on the show.

Get back to watching some Zombie bashing/slashing/capping so you're up to date!

Any normal person should understand not to post Spoilers regardless if there is an alert before it or not. Someone could quote it or you could accidentally read it when browsing. No one wants to skip around the thread because somebody is proud they read a comic book and know "what really happened in the comics". Suggesting those who only watch the show are missing out on the incredible comic book experience.

Not to be a jerk or continue beating our dead horse but this whole thread could be considered a spoiler, I don't read updates unless I'm up to date on the show.

Get back to watching some Zombie bashing/slashing/capping so you're up to date!

I definitely don't read this thread until I watch the show. If you had to put spoiler up for everything that happened in the show most of the posts in this thread would need the tag.

I'm talking about people posting about stuff in the comics that may or may not happen in the show.

SPOILER ALERT! Insert thing to ruin people's enjoyment of the show.

Isn't that adequate. How many people just stopped reading at the end of the first sentence and didn't see any part of the beginning or perhaps caught some of the end while reading the sentence above it?

Might I suggest:

SPOILER ALERT!

Spoilers here...

The added space makes it hard to inadvertently read stuff you'd rather avoid. Just my 2c and maybe my eyes wander to much while I'm reading...

Thats a perfectly rational request I agree, I really like the white text idea too.

How about just not talking about what has not happened in the show yet?

Once it happens in the show it's fair game.

That is a perfectly rational request

Hey, does anyone remember the African American woman (totally forgot her name) who opted to get blown up and the rest of the group basically said "ok have fun with that?" Anyone? Hell even Dale, the closest thing they had to a moral compass went back and begged ANDREA to save herself... the "also ran" woman didnt even get a bro-grab or an insincere goodbye.

This show really is tough on the ladies. They are either dumb, expendable, annoying, naive or just kind of there... or Michonne.

And another complaint... they make me wait so long before the next season or the next "mid-season" (whoever thought that up should be tied to a majestic northern fir tree and pelted with water balloons full of female grizzly bear urine) that I forget about it until someone here tells me that they just saw the newest episode. I havent gone into a single season or mid-frigging-season NOT knowing what happened.

At least we only have to wait a couple months. Breaking Bad's break is a full year. Why had a mid season break if it lasts a full year. Wouldn't that be a new season?

Battlestar Galactica took a few ridiculously long breaks. Sopranos did too. I hate when shows do that, especially nowadays where most shows have continuing story lines rather than the sitcom format.

Back