this thread will probably not go anywhere but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codfather

Reaction score
Im guessing there aren't too many Rugby fans on this forum but I could be wrong.

Im from England and living in the US. And I love to watch rugby which is difficult to do is this country.

But for anyone that is a fan. I hope they saw the England V New Zealand game.
Possible the best Rugby game of the year. Not only did england manage a win but they beat New Zealand and beat them well!!!!

It was awesome.

yes, there are rugby fans and former players here. I did not catch the match. Not a lot of TV connections around. I think BIEN sports carries some, but usually late night.

Epic idea to title the thread predicting it's own failure.

However I now feel the right to post freaking ANYTHING.

IMG957234.jpg

Epic idea to title the thread predicting it's own failure.

When I first saw this thread, it had no replies. I made a point of not replying to it to help fulfill the prophecy. I didn't do it for spiteful reasons at all, it just gave me a giggle for a nano-second to leave it alone.

I am a sad, sad person. :(

When I first saw this thread, it had no replies. I made a point of not replying to it to help fulfill the prophecy. I didn't do it for spiteful reasons at all, it just gave me a giggle for a nano-second to leave it alone.

I am a sad, sad person. :(

Lol. It had been spoiled by do-gooders before I even saw it!

That would have been awesome with not 1 reply!!!;)

I played winger in college. Fun game - I'll probably never play it again, but my knees and shoulders tell me that might not be a bad thing....

yes, watching rugby is terribly difficult. it's especially frustrating when you see things like paintball and poker on ESPN but never rugby. It's getting better, however.

I had tickets to the 2007 rugby world cup game in edinbrough; scotland v new zealand. then i knocked my wife up and we couldn't go anymore.

I just looked at the rugby threads and who was involved and none of those folks have been in at least 2 years....So yeah my prediction for this thread is....

leadballoon-43013.jpg

Though I will say that although I don't really follow Rugby all that much, I am a fan of the Haka.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to start a thread called "Whatever you do, don't post on this thread!!!!!!!!!" about my nearly orgasmic love of Jai-lai.

;)

I do enjoy watching Ruby once and awhile and would like to watch more of it if they could just get some tv time

hahaha reading these replies did make me laugh. Im not sure where the thread is heading but its funny.

The game was amazing one of the best I have seen in a while. we were not expecting that result at all.

I'm another Expat living in the states and I go to a local Irish bar that always has the Rugby games on here in Baltimore.
There are a few other fellow country men that all meet and we all enjoy watching the game.
There are also all the other nationals that go there and it is always a good time.

Yes, ex-pat thread good. We compare teeth and speak funny for amusement of others. :)

Come to think on it, scrumpy.......I know it's just an expression, but it certainly DOES feel like it's stripping the enamel right of those 'lil suckers! Last place I lived in the UK was in Devon.......Not quite Somerset in the scrumpy stakes, but close enough......I miss it too, but sort of in the same way I miss the satisfaction I would get from surviving a razor blade swallowing competition. Despite how it sounds, that's a compliment to scrumpy. :cross:

NBC Universal is showing most of the IRB Sevens tournaments on TV, not as good as seeing union on TV but a good start. I played flanker and hooker years ago, our coaches were all funny talkers so I can hold my own around British and Australian accents.

Back