Where do you get your PH solutions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadKing

Reaction score
My old Ph meter finialy died and I think I'm going to get a Hannah phep 5.
I was wondering if I had to buy thier brand solutions and where is the best place to get them.
Thanks.

It appears that buying pH buffer capsules and a gallon of distilled water is the least expensive alternative. You mix up 100 mL of solution with each capsule and it lasts for many months if you keep the solutions in sealed containers. It takes a lot of calibration trials to use that much solution.

If you are referring to buffers then anyone's will do. I too find the capsules convenient and very much like the idea of having freshly mixed buffers for each use. You can get the capsules from Cole Parmer or Hach.

If you mean the electrode storage solution it is best to get that from the manufacturer. It's probably going to be saturated potassium chloride but if some manufacturer wants something special then getting it from him insures that you are doing what he recommends.

Back