A&E brewing show tonight--HEADS UP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
National Broadcast Premiere of "The American Brew"
http://www.aetv.com/

The national broadcast premiere airs April 7 on A&E. Upcoming airings are scheduled for Saturday, April 7 at 10pm/9C and Sunday, April 8 at 2am/1C.

Presented by Here's to Beer, this Florentine Film Production traces the history of beer in America. Watch beer brewed in the colonial manner in a fireplace in Colonial Williamsburg; see it being home-brewed in the Bronx; and a craft brewer creates a Jasmine IPA in Seattle. We also trace the 1970s emergence of craft brewing in California. Park yourself in front of the TV and celebrate America's brewing heritage.
Airing:
Saturday, April 7 at 10pm/9C
Sunday, April 8 at 2am/1C

Why April 7?
On April 7, 1933 newly elected President Roosevelt spurred Congress to modify the Volstead Act, thus allowing for the legal consumption of beer of a specific alcoholic strength. This was eight months before the December 5 repeal of prohibition for other liquors.
The Brewers Association has dubbed this day Brew Years Eve. ‘Brew Years Eve’ celebrates a time when beer was the lone legal libation. On April 7, America’s craft brewers will host ‘Brew Years Eve’ celebrations recognizing a time when beer was the lone legal libation.

No DVR, so I'm *hoping* that we're home in time tonight to catch it. One of SWMBO's friends is having a birthday party - but since virtually all of his OTHER friends are vegan teetotalers... let's just say I have better ways of spending Saturday evenings. :D

But, we'll have the munchkin in tow, which means we'll probably be home in plenty of time to get her in bed and get my ass on the couch...

I 'll tape it on the DVR with the DVD recorder on it...if the show is any good, I'll burn it for those who missed it.

I'm particularly interested in the CW part...see if I've been there. :D

how do you get it from the dvr to dvd burner dude? do you use a computer, or do they make a dvd burner like the old vcr's used to do?

Yeah I thought it was pretty good.....there was a lot about BMC but I guess that's to be expected I guess...

Yeah 500,000....thats pretty cool

Damn work!!! It does not look like it is showing here again, I guess ill check at 1 to see if it is on.

Just finished watching it on my DVR. The Brooklyn home brewer was a bit disappointing after seeing those big bags of DME, but hey, they guys lives in an apartment in Brooklyn. I liked seeing his 12 carboys in action. SWMBO just rolled her eyes and said "that guy is definitely single". LOL

The last 5 minutes was the best, but the history part was very interesting.

It's like the same folks who pushed prohibition are pushing this global warming stuff. (here in Austin, TX with sleet & snow when I've been running AC for a month). :D

My wife and I watched it. Very interesting. That was the best explanation of prohibition that I have ever heard.

Can anyone post their electronic copy on youtube ?

It was a very cool show. Started out at Elysian Brewing Co. which is 6 blocks from my house! I know all those guys. Also seeing Michael Jackson sitting at the bar at Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse east of Seattle was pretty cool as well.

It's definitely a good one. But I'm trying to decide if it's a pro or con showing it on a saturday night. As far as spreading the homebrewing word anyway. :(

Mentioning what prohibition did to the "variety" of beer in this country, impressed the hell out of me tho....

Ize

It was a pretty good show but I wanted to see more on craft brewing. They skimmed over the last 30 years.

Maybe someone will do a show on craft brewing and featuring brewpubs and microbreweries.

why dont one of you who have the show recorded offer it up as a bit torrent. if you dont know how to pm me and i'll explain.

:mug:

Dude said:
I can burn it for you.

The Colonial Williamsburg dude is in my local homebrew club, CASK (www.colonialalesmiths.org). His name is Frank. He always hosts the annual party at his house, and it is a blast with his band especially.

That was a pretty good show!

dude,

can you compress it? i can tell you how to torrent it. it needs to be out there. i looked and A&E doesn't have it scheduled for broadcast for a while...

Yeah, I was a little annoyed that they didn't really try to talk about the beer itself--it was all about the lager brewers. That was interesting, but I wanted to hear more about the craft beers. And the guy they filmed homebrewing was pretty funny, definitely had the confirmed bachelor air about him. I think it's interesting they filmed a guy who clearly isn't into the gadget side of brewing--no huge AG setup or anything. I wonder if they did that to make it look simpler for people who might try it as a result of the show?

Back