Saison fermentaion time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorado68

Reaction score
Hi,
I AG brewed a honey Saison two weeks ago.
SG 1.065
4 days ago it was 1.002, today it's 1.000. No activity in the airlock.
3711 yest
Should I rack to secondary to clear up for a few weeks or bottle?
I'd read these saisons take quite a while in primary, so understandably I question this is ready for bottling, but the FG seems to indicate it is.
Planning to carb at 3.2 vol in champagne bottles, natural corks and cage.
Any advise appreciated! :)

3711 is crazy fast !!! When alot of brewers talk about long ferment times for saison they are more likely referring to wlp565 whic can take months to fully attenuate. In my opinion 3711 make a fine saison at lightning speeds and the flavor is solid , though I must admit wlp565 is my saison yeast of choice. You can either let her sit in primary or rack into secondary or hell you can package as well though I let my beers go 3-5 weeks before I package.

Thanks for the advise! I'll let it sit another week or so to clear up then bottle.

Most say 3711 is pretty fast, but I've had it chug along for a while on those last few points in a couple batches. Depends on conditions of course.
If you're bottling in champagne bottles with corks and all though, you should be pretty safe, they should handle a little extra pressure if it still has a point or so to go.

Latest posts

Back