Oxygen regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyman1000

Reaction score
I have the one that came with the oxygenation stone and tubing. This thing is probably the biggest pain in the a$$ part of my brew day. Getting that thing onto the disposable O2 tank drives me nuts most days. Well, it seems I slightly stripped the brass threads the last time. The O2 tank was almost out so I let the rest of the O2 out and used the threads on there to try to redo the brass threads, tap and die kind of idea and it seems to have worked.
Long story short, I have it screwed onto the new O2 tank. Can I just leave it on there until the tank runs dry eventually or is it going to slowly bleed the tank dry, even with the valve off? Thanks for the help.

I had one of those regulators too and had the same issues screwing it on those stupid benzomatic cans... In the end I bit the bullet and bought a proper 20cu.ft. Oxygen cylinder and flow rate regulator... SO much happier - lost two of those red tanks to leaks due to bad threading but now have no issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back