Got a Whirlpool fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Picked this up off of a friend for $75 today. :mug: I just need to take out the freezer part. I already have the freezer tray unscrewed, but how do I get the rest of it out? Anyone have any ideas?

whirlpool1.JPG

whirlpool2.JPG

whirlpool3.JPG

The WCC sticker will be replaced with a HBT sticker ASAP. hehe

I was looking into what it would take to get every square inch out of these things.

You will probably want to remove the temperature controller's mounting and move it further back in the fridge where space is less valuable. It looks like you have most of the fridge out. I haven't specifically looked at this model of fridge but the ridges on the side need to be cut or ground out and then it would be a good idea to fill the gaps. Something to keep a draft from getting through to the insulation.

That is a coolant line, right? (fairly certain it is)... I would unbend it so you have a 90ish degree angle, an have it sit along the side/back of the fridge. You don't want to get rid of it. If it will fit, you could just have it take up the back of the fridge (most freezerless mini fridges have them located there).

+1 on moving the thermostat (search oster conversion)

If you don't have enough room or kegs are real tight, remove the inner door panel (sanyo 4912 conversion).

Hope this helps and hope to see this in the 'Show us your kegerator' thread soon!

That is a coolant line, right? (fairly certain it is)... I would unbend it so you have a 90ish degree angle, an have it sit along the side/back of the fridge. You don't want to get rid of it. If it will fit, you could just have it take up the back of the fridge (most freezerless mini fridges have them located there).

+1 on moving the thermostat (search oster conversion)

If you don't have enough room or kegs are real tight, remove the inner door panel (sanyo 4912 conversion).

Hope this helps and hope to see this in the 'Show us your kegerator' thread soon!

Ok, I bent the coolant lines and put it in the very back. Will it keep a steady temp with it being open like that inside the fridge?

It should work just fine, as long as you don't keep the door open or open it a lot. If you add a tower to the top, I would advise a blower or copper tubing around your lines to keep your beer cold.

Check for leaks for a bit, just in case, but it sounds like you have yourself a new kegerator :)! Just curious, looks like you can fit two in there? :mug: Keep up the good work!

It should work just fine, as long as you don't keep the door open or open it a lot. If you add a tower to the top, I would advise a blower or copper tubing around your lines to keep your beer cold.

Check for leaks for a bit, just in case, but it sounds like you have yourself a new kegerator :)! Just curious, looks like you can fit two in there? :mug: Keep up the good work!

Only 1 keg :(

What are the measurements on the bottom there? It looks like with removing the door panel, and moving the thermostat up you could fit two, but looks can be deceiving... :mug:

I may be able to squeeze two in if I cut the door and move the thermo.

But I got it mostly to do some lagers.

Back