Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with keg works and amazon for the things that I needed. Quick shipping and you should be able to find everything there.

Question for you builders, where is the best place to purchase my kegging components? My plan is to buy everything to assemble a 5 tap keezer and initially purchase only two corny kegs and as time and money allows buy the rest one at a time.

Check out 2 of our sponsors, Birdman and Keg Connection.

I have been brewing for a couple of years now and finally switched to kegging. It's only one keg for now but I left room for expansion.

image-1387608280.jpg

image-3884602282.jpg

Here is my finished kegerator build.

Took a standard Danby DAR 125SLDD from Costco, added a double-tap kit from Keg Connection.
625420_10100843815808278_28225625_n.jpg

62847_10100843815818258_1224770497_n.jpg

It's a pretty tight fit, and I had to cut the door to allow the clearance for the second keg.
65627_10100843819530818_116189647_n.jpg

Thanks hunter.
Funny story about the tap handle, It came off tree limb I pruned last year, It had been used to prop open the firebox on my bbq pit, then when the bark started to peel away I thought it looked pretty cool. So I stripped it, sanded stained etc.... Voila

pmbc said:
Here is my finished kegerator build.

Took a standard Danby DAR 125SLDD from Costco, added a double-tap kit from Keg Connection.

Where did you get your plastic drip tray from? I've got a similar build and would love something like that

Heres mine:

20130413015240.jpg

Finally made a top and tap for mine after much inspiration form here.
I borrowed quite a bit from the great projects I've seen on here.

What model and size fridge is that? Do you have pics of inside? I have same four tap tray and looking for fridge to accommodate. Was really thinking upright standalone fridge so the taps are higher.

Just finished up the kegerator by wrapping it with some barn wood...managed to bust a quick disconnect in the tap switchover and am dealing with a slight line freezing issue. Other than that I'm pretty happy so far, just need a 19" drip tray and I'm all set. Oh, and someone with prettier handwriting than mine needs to label the taps. You can probably guess the before vs. after

How did you attach the wood? Is that a fridge or freezer? The wood doesn't impact cooling?

It is a fridge, holds 6 corneys. The wood is screwed into the fridge and freezer doors. The wood is attached to a small wooden frame around the rest of the fridge to allow for some airflow. This is hardly air tight and I've noticed zero effect on my cooling.

I've never kegged, but I'm thinking of it. Is there any fridge even smaller (less wide and deep) than the size pictured above? I only brew one batch at a time, so I don't need to keep a second keg.

hoppyhopman said:
I've never kegged, but I'm thinking of it. Is there any fridge even smaller (less wide and deep) than the size pictured above? I only brew one batch at a time, so I don't need to keep a second keg.

Haha! That's what we all said when we started. Trust me save yourself time and money and at least get something capable of holding two or three cornys. You may not use them right away, but its cheaper to add a tap in the future than by a new fridge or freezer.

Haha! That's what we all said when we started. Trust me save yourself time and money and at least get something capable of holding two or three cornys. You may not use them right away, but its cheaper to add a tap in the future than by a new fridge or freezer.

This

I started with two kegs. Currently have nine, and If I could squeeze another fridge in the brew room I could use about five more.

Oh man that looks good! :mug:

I took a Danby 440, black, and put a stainless dual tower, with two stainless Perlick 525ss faucets. Two 5-gal corny's with a 5lb co2 bottle inside. I'll post a picture once I figure out how.

Here's my keezer project, finally all put together and put in place. The area previously held a cabinet and mini fridge. All of that was torn out, floor was tiled, shelf and cabinets put up. 8 cu ft Whirlpool freezer that I bought used for a Benjamin. Collar is 1x6, painted white, and lined with 1 inch foil backed foam. Two Perlick taps, will eventually add two more. Dual regulator on 10 lb CO2 tank, one pressure for serving and one for carbing. I'm keeping the tank outside and using air hose quick couplers to run gas inside.

img_20130423_214208_556-59522.jpg

img_20130423_214218_334-59523.jpg

img_20130423_214233_913-59524.jpg

img_20130423_214247_752-59525.jpg

andrewtouron said:
Just finished this up. Gutted the fridge, custom made the top, custom made handles. It's large enough to hold 2 kegs, my co2 bottle, and all my lines

Andrew,

What model fridge did you start with? Looking to make something similar.

Awesome top by the way!

Zinc_Saucier said:
Only a few final touches (power switch for tower fan and some cosmetic touch-ups) but I'm loving having beer on tap!

Nice and clean. I love it!

just finished up my kegerator. I think it will serve me well. I just kegged some heavenscent that I got from the recipe section here.
The kegerator is a 5.5cf medical grade refrigerator that I got on the cheap. It ws a odd brown color do I painted it black with appliance paint. The faucets are the SS perlics and the drip tray I made myself from some SS plate, a SS bowl type thing , and some heave grade aluminium mesh,,, and a few rivets... I have set up my C02 on the outside of the frige, and have it stored under a stand/cabinet that I built to set the kegerator on to get it up to proper (to me ) height. I still need to put trim and a door on the cabinent, but the beer is now flowing!!!!!
WP_001127_zps4016b929.jpg

WP_001131_zps30688453.jpg

WP_001134_zps3bba57e1.jpg

WP_001128_zps7b1b69d0.jpg

I had some space issues with putting in a keezer decided to make a 2 tap kegorator. Bought in perlick faucets when I was in the states and installed them into a large uk style fridge. Works a treat.

image-2717737526.jpg

image-599501682.jpg

Back