Looking for a Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonic2020

Reaction score
Evening all brewers.

I've searched hi and low but I've been unsuccessful in finding the recipe I'm looking for. Has anyone has come across a good clone recipe for steam whistle. This is one of my favorite pilsner and i would love to make this at home. It's from a microbrewery in Toronto. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Darcy

Pilsner is one of those styles that is tough to replicate exactly since there isn't a huge variation in recipes (a lot of it is process, yeast handing etc...). The reviews make it sound like it is on the less hoppy side, I keep seeing “floral” mentioned (maybe Sterling?).

You can try contacting them to see if they'll give you any help, or you can find a pils recipe that sounds close brew it, and then tweak and rebrew from there.

Hope that helps a little, good luck!

Ive been searching for the same recipe myself, with out any luck. Let me know if you find anything

will do I'm actually thinking about contacting them to see if they will give me any info. Very doubtful but it's worth a shot.

demonic2020 said:
will do I'm actually thinking about contacting them to see if they will give me any info. Very doubtful but it's worth a shot.

You'd be surprised. Most brewers know that a recipe on it's own won't make great beer without good technique. A lot of prominent beers have their recipes floating around the interwebs direct from the brewer. Just a couple weeks ago I emailed Avery asking about duganA's hop schedule and they sent me back a full recipe.

Some brewers aren't so forthcoming, but in my experience they are in the minority, and I've never heard of any brewer that won't give any help whatsoever.

TL;DR: it never hurts to ask.

I sent them an email, only they came back with that sort of exact information is confidential but most my questions could be answered on a tour to learn more.

I guess I'll keep searching!

Back