Has anyone tried these--waterproof beer bottle boxes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_bell

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this product (see link below)? They are fairly new--I'm considering purchasing 2 to try them out. I wish they were a little less expensive, but if they hold up over time I think they would be a good investment.

http://www.cwcrate.com/

Read about them, and they sound pretty neat, but I think I'll stick to plastic totes from walmart for now. Might be a good gift idea though.

It sounds like just the dividers are water proof?

Red hawk, do you use milk bottle style creates, our just the plastic storage bins? Do they have a size that fits bottles really well(height and width wise)?

Costco has pretty hefty plastic boxes with interlocking, closable lids (stackable) that hold 35 - 12 oz beer bottles for under $8 each

Woah. Look at the prices. Over $10 a case even for the bulk package.

I just use normal cardboard beer cases that came free with the beer.

Read about them, and they sound pretty neat, but I think I'll stick to plastic totes from walmart for now. Might be a good gift idea though.

I haven't bought mine yet. My first bottled batch went into a couple empty sierra nevada boxes. I have plans to head to walmart with a tape measure and see what I can find.

These look pretty cool for no other reason that the pics show that you can just dump ice in on top of the beer and it will be fine.

Water will leak out the bottom, but at least this way you don't have to load up a cooler.

Might be a nice to have, but that'd be about it.

I too like it for the idea that it is a pretty space efficient cooler if you add ice. It could be pretty cool to have the 6pack version so you can keep your beers cold when you go to a bonfire or something where you can't toss beers in a fridge. Not cool enough for me to start bottling again, though... kegs for life.

I'd rather have european style beer crates... the kind that are like milk crates kinda, but made for beer bottles. Anyone know a source?

I found a bunch of beer crates out behind our neighborhood bar...well actually swmbo found em. Good times. They let her take em all, I imagine if I'd asked they would've said they need em.

I'd prefer them over cardboard that occasionaly starts to smell when it gets wet, but not at the price. I'll just use milk crates.

my dad built me wooden crates with dividers, 4 12 packs for 12 oz and same for flip top half liters

Back