Pouring a non- homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alembic

Reaction score
I was pouring a non-homebrew in a glass today and not thinking, I halted the pour towards the end like I was trying to save the sediment from getting into the glass. I kind of laughed to myself and said - its okay, you can pour it all in, its not a homebrew! I'm a relatively new homebrewer but I've gotten so used to pouring homebrews that pouring a non-homebrew is a little weird. Has that happened to any of you folks out there?

Man, I love homebrewing!

I do it often! You're not alone.
I also buy commercial bottled beer that i really love to drink but know I'll never re-use the bottles for homebrew (like SNPA - with it's tiny 'screw cap' bottles or the 750ml belgian 'champagne' style corked bottles that i can't cap without over-fussing) and feel pangs of guilt because they just go in the glass recycling bin and not back into my 'bottling bank'!:D

Yeah, isn't it kind of ironic in a way - the one beer that it seems everybody on the planet wants to clone and you can't even use their bottles for your own brewing. It just doesn't seem right!

Here's to the bottle bank! And God bless all the breweries out there that make deposits possible!:mug:

Yup, I've done it too. Kinda like when I come home from work and go to make a phone call, I still dial 9 on the home phone! It's all about the routine.

Ohh yeah, and it should be a crime for any beermaker to use screw top bottles. ;)

The Kaiser and I were pouring homebrews last night and vigorously shaking the yeast into suspension with the last few ounces of beer and pouring it into the glass.

Of course, we were drinking Hefeweizens ;)

In Brewpastor's honor... ;)

freyguy said:
Yup, I've done it too. Kinda like when I come home from work and go to make a phone call, I still dial 9 on the home phone! It's all about the routine.

Cripes.

I did that one morning when I called into work. Hit the [9], hit [1] because it was long distance, realized what I tool I was, hung up and redialed.

Somehow, I must have accidentally hit the [1] a second time...

Figured out my mistake when I got the knock on the door...

Back