Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree on clutch. I've also been known to blast rust in peace while brewing. If I'm more in a quiet mood it could also be old Miles Davis or Django Reinhardt

complete grateful dead, disco biscuits, lotus, pink floyd, sts9, club d'elf, flying frog brigade, new deal, allman brothers (only with duane), or other electro/rock/jazz jam insanity - or -
some doom/grind/death/math 'core/metal' albums - or -
shpongle, hallucinogen, ott, deadmau5, younger brother, bassnectar, aphex twin, or jazz (bop, hardbop, free, etc).
my wort is a snob - heh.

Tonight's session is a little Jimi with a 73' GD show on deck... My first attempt at the DFH 60 clone.

Ska has become my favorite brewing music-The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Toasters, Reel Big Fish, etc...

I usually throw on some hot jazz like Miles or Coltrane, but I'm surprised at all the Dead love while brewing.

Ill have to find a good early 70s show and give it a try...

I usually just shuffle the playlist on my phone...

Which gives me a lot of They Might Be Giants and Beatles, with the occasional episode of Brew Strong thrown in.

BeerGynt - I'm a huge TMBG fan!! Don't meet to many outside of shows!!

The last 3-4 brews I've done, I've listened to AOL Radio's British Invasion station. Plays all 50-60s British rock. Good stuff!

BeerGynt - I'm a huge TMBG fan!! Don't meet to many outside of shows!!

I see they'll be in FL next week for three shows... Hope you can catch them. I saw their shows in St. Louis and Milwaukee this year and they were both great.

The J. Geils Band. The woofa goofa mamma toofa always makes the brew taste a little sweeter.

For bottling I usually listen to Dark Side of the Moon. By the time I'm doing my last bottle the album is over. Sometimes I switch it up and listen to Pink Floyd - Animals.

For brewing I usually listen to System of a Down, Pearl Jam, or Metallica.

311. Their album "Grassroots" in particular because there's a song on it called "Homebrew" and the picture on the album cover looks suspiciously like a close up of boiling wort.

Definitely NOT Jimmy Buffet. Dealing with my first stuck sparge, Cheeseburger in Paradise comes on, I got so pissed I through my HLT across the yard.

bcgpete said:
Definitely NOT Jimmy Buffet. Dealing with my first stuck sparge, Cheeseburger in Paradise comes on, I got so pissed I through my HLT across the yard.

Try F'ing Hostile by Pantera, if that doesn't work I've got a few more Suggs for ya

Cheers

Currently Miles Davis "A Tribute to Jack Johnson"....everything is right as rain.

Bringing up an old thread, but I thought it appropriate due to the heat and humidity showing up here in the South!

Brewing music is my exciting and anticipation music, i.e. Hells Bells, old Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Five Finger Death Punch has a few good ones also.

Drinking music is apparently a whole different game for many of us!
My favorites are Trance (long time DJ-sue me), SRV, John Denver, heck race engines sound better when you have a cold homebrew with you!
"At the Hop" sounds so much more like "add the hops" now. hmm

Latest posts

Back