Having a Bitter Sweet Father's Day Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KStateBrewer

Reaction score
I received a Homebrewing kit for Father's Day! Brewing my own beer has been something I've been thinking/talking about for years, but leave it to my wife and son to actually get me started. My wife and son had to be out of town this weekend due to an unavoidable circumstance and I was extremely disappointed on the prospect of spending father's day weekend alone. When I got home Friday there were two large boxes on my front door and I soon found out what it was. That night I read Palmer's entire book. I drank Microbrews and brewed my first batch ('Autumn Amber Ale') yesterday with a great buddy of mine as my wife and son periodically checked in on me via Skype. Awesome!!! Best day of the summer so far I think.

I can't wait to learn from the feeds and blogs on this site and start contributing to the conversation! :rockin:

Sorry to hear your loved ones were away, but glad to hear that you made the best of it. The Autumn Amber Ale was my first brew as well and is one of my favorites. Just be patient and have a few cold ones to pass the time. Happy brewing!

Welcome to it brother, and it sounds like you made the best out of a potential fathers day bust!!

Back