Where to go in Santa Fe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nid_Hog

Reaction score
Any recommendations for good craft beer and breweries in Santa Fe? I'm going to be there for a while and I'd like to check out the local scene.

There's a brewpub there that's good. Can't remember the name. Have you searched google yet for a list of what's in the area?

Yeah, but I thought that I might get some inside scoop here. I ended up having the IPA and the black IPA from Marble Brewery at my friend's house, a Santa Fe Brewing black IPA at a local restaurant, and a Rio Grande IPA at the airport. They were all fine, but nothing earth shaking.

Marble and Santa Fe brewing Co are the two that I know of. I don't have any experience with either of them but as far as local they seem to be the ones everyone talks about down here.

Reviving an old thread...
I'm headed to Santa Fe for work next week and am looking for some out-there beers to try; think Sours, trappists, wilds...
Any thoughts?

You might be SOL for sours and trappists and the like. Given the climate and atmosphere there, it's geared towards easy-drinkin'. Marble Brewing (on the main square, although not sure if it's still there, heard rumours that location was closing) did have a brett IPA and I THINK a sour in bottles when we were there two years ago (!!) but no clue what's pourin' now.

The Marble brewing taproom has changed. It is still a taproom (right next to a great Pizzeria - so you can get some awesome Pizza while you sample), but it now carries several different craft brews from New Mexico. They tend to not have sours and the like - but occasionally they do. The taproom is on the Plaza right near the Rooftop Pizzeria.

Other places you can try: Blue Corn Cafe and Brewery (beer is decent, food is good), Il Vicino (another Pizza place - but they serve beer from their brewery in Albuquerque which is pretty tasty), Santa Fe Brewing, Second Street Brewing, and Duel Brewing (they are Belgian style brewpub).

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, head down to Albuquerque and check out Marble Brewing, and La Cumbre (makers of the finest IPAs on the planet, IMHO), Turtle Mountain brewing, and Boxing Bear brewing.

great thanks!
I'm flying into ABQ, so I can stop at Marble, La Cumbre, Turtle Mounting and Boxing Bear on the way in and out.
Looking online it appears I might have luck at:

Santa Fe Brewery - Wednesday $2 pints
Duel
Draft Station

I really enjoyed Second Street Brewing when I was there last spring.

great thanks!
I'm flying into ABQ, so I can stop at Marble, La Cumbre, Turtle Mounting and Boxing Bear on the way in and out.
Looking online it appears I might have luck at:

Santa Fe Brewery - Wednesday $2 pints
Duel
Draft Station

Draft Station - that is the taproom on the plaza. Couldn't remember the new name. It will have a good variety of NM beers. Plus the pizza kicks!

And like I mentioned, if you like IPAs at all you MUST stop by La Cumbre in ABQ. Unfreakingbelievable IPAs. Have a good time, and if you are bored and feel like coming up to the mountains - PM me and we can hit the pub here in town.

Thanks for all the advice -
We ended up at 2nd Street Brewery - nothing there for me...they had a cider that was OK and a cherry mead, but the rest was traditional beer.
I also got to Santa Fe Brewing on Wednesday for the $2 pints - this is the greatest place ever - cornhole, horseshoes, darts, ping pong, food truck and $2 Belgian Strong Ales.
We stopped at the Draft Station for a Double White, which was very nice, and also at Cowgirl for another SF Belgian Strong. - This place has a fantastic beer list - like 22 locals.

Back