Perlick Group Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

absoluthamm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just a feeler/question really. Would anyone be interested in doing a Perlick group buy or have any knowledge of where to do one? I have seen numerous posts over the last year about different groups(not just from HBT) doing one, but I can't seem to find the threads when I search for them. I am looking for 5 525ss's and wondering if we can get a decent group to get a better rate.

Just a question not sure where your getting them from, and how much but how much are you saving? Ritebrew.com has them for 33.99 plus shipping of course. Cant be to much shipping since you live in IL they're right in WI.

Just to clarify, I do not have a place to buy them, I am wanting to find someone who knows where previous Perlick group buys went through and then want to set up a group buy. I know there are a lot of people who would be in on one(obviously from the responses so far).

@SDBreWs0624 yea, I have a cart full already at Ritebrew and will definitely buy there if I can't get anything rolling with this, just looking to see what I can find out with this first and possibly help others out with it as well.

if anyone has a source I woud be in for 4 5225SS units and if they could be paired with SS shanks as a part of the deal that would be killer.

Just to clarify, I do not have a place to buy them, I am wanting to find someone who knows where previous Perlick group buys went through and then want to set up a group buy. I know there are a lot of people who would be in on one(obviously from the responses so far).

@SDBreWs0624 yea, I have a cart full already at Ritebrew and will definitely buy there if I can't get anything rolling with this, just looking to see what I can find out with this first and possibly help others out with it as well.

I would try too see if you can buy from Perlick direct. I know they give breaks for the more you buy.

Just looked at Perlick's website and the lowest price on there for orders of 25+ was $36.18, whereas Ritebrew is at $33.99. I tried emailing Ritebrew to see if there could be any sort of discount for group buy, but they said they couldn't discount anything except shipping if it was a large enough order. Any other ideas?

I just got through shopping for perlick faucets myself. There's the Perlick 525SS (stainless) which is more expensive but gives you durability and peace of mind. The best price I was able to find after lots of searching is $30 from Adventures in Homebrewing (which hungry4hops already mentioned above):
http://www.homebrewing.org/Perlick-Stainless-Steel-525ss-Perl-Faucet_p_2102.html

The Perlick 525PC (chrome-plated brass) is much cheaper but there's the possibility the chrome will corrode and you'll get off flavors from the brass (though many people here seem to have had no issues with that over several years of use). If you're going with this model, you can get them for $18.50/per at ritebrew.com, which is a reputable seller:
http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/843162.htm

Back