Show us your SWMBO...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYE

282991_10200132690538551_446838803_n.jpg

and gonna be wifey in tminus 2 days! :mug:

sweetcell said:
assuming you make good beer, you're the second-best catch i've ever heard of (#1 being my wife, of course :D)

Everyone said they loved them and took a lot home with them. I thought they were great and I didn't mess up my first batches.

lschiavo said:
I knew you were but you gotta be careful how you word things around here. Some people like to try and twist things around a bit...I'm rather guilty myself;)

If you're going to be twisting yourself around a bit please don't do it here.

She loves her some Racer5

image-1975467988.jpg

The beer excitement shot.

image-1902458944.jpg

She may love beer as much as I do.

Gratuitous family shot.

image-267379506.jpg

What is it about all of us ordinary-looking, beer-guzzling bozos that attracts so many hot babes? I don't know, but there must be something. I wonder if some folks in the psychology or sociology departments here would like to do a study.

Maybe it's somehow biological--I know some guys in that area who like to publish studies. My wife made it clear, very early in our dating relationship, that the smell of beer on me really turned her on. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Orthobrewsky said:
My wife made it clear, very early in our dating relationship, that the smell of beer on me really turned her on. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

I started brewing after we got married....so now she's trapped!!!! Muuuahahahaha!!!

"Some husbands make their wives into football widows, sleep around, get abusive, or have no interests. Mine likes to make booze and has lots of dorky hobbies. I did good." ~SWMBO

CreamyGoodness said:
"Some husbands make their wives into football widows, sleep around, get abusive, or have no interests. Mine likes to make booze and has lots of dorky hobbies. I did good." ~SWMBO

That makes sense

Some wives like to ride horses, play on the internet and ignore their home / family responsibilities, sleep around.

Mine was a POS, she's gone so I did good! ( in the end )

What is it about all of us ordinary-looking, beer-guzzling bozos that attracts so many hot babes?
the phenomenon of brewers consistently marrying up has long been observed on this forum (and hence the value/interest of this thread!). my theories:

- when high on optimism, i attribute our above-average mates to attraction to our creativity. beer-making is just one expression of our creativity.

- more realistically, we find one cutie and keep her drunk on homebrew and before you know it's too late and she's settled for us... SCORE!

- women are resigned that many men are going to become beer-swillers. at least brewers get off the couch and actually make their own dang beer. shows some initiative.

- another very real possibility is that we're just a gawddam ugly bunch of dudes, therefore any average girl is going to look great when compared to us :D

What is it about all of us ordinary-looking, beer-guzzling bozos that attracts so many hot babes? I don't know, but there must be something. I wonder if some folks in the psychology or sociology departments here would like to do a study.

Maybe it's somehow biological--I know some guys in that area who like to publish studies. My wife made it clear, very early in our dating relationship, that the smell of beer on me really turned her on. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

It's beer goggles! We love beer...we feed the womenz beer. The womenz forget how we look!

Orthobrewsky said:

My old lady says that too! A real turn on to smell beer off me.

I love my wife and consider her hot, but I don't think I married up. Just being honest. My ex was a legit bikini model, but bat**** crazy. I learned my lesson the second time around.

Airborneguy said:
I love my wife and consider her hot, but I don't think I married up. Just being honest. My ex was a legit bikini model, but bat**** crazy. I learned my lesson the second time around.

You know what they say, for every hot chick, there's a guy whose tired of putting up with her crap.

Airborneguy said:

That's only because you consider yourself so fly ;)

45_70sharps said:
Some wives like to ride horses, play on the internet and ignore their home / family responsibilities, sleep around.

Mine was a POS, she's gone so I did good! ( in the end )

Crazy, if I didn't know any better I'd say we had the same ex wife. Mine got addicted to World of Warcraft. Stayed up all hours of the day and night playing it. Met a guy from it and left me for him. Good riddance!
If not for all that I wouldn't have met the most amazing an beautiful woman I now call my wife. Still can't believe she agreed to go on a date with me after I stalked her on Facebook to ask her out and was a single father of two with a crazy ex wife. She has become the mother my kids never had and the wife I always knew existed. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm fairly certain she lurks here, she loves our brew dates)

snaps10 said:
Crazy, if I didn't know any better I'd say we had the same ex wife. Mine got addicted to World of Warcraft. Stayed up all hours of the day and night playing it. Met a guy from it and left me for him. Good riddance!
I not for all that I wouldn't have met the most amazing an beautiful woman I now call my wife. Still can't believe she agreed to go on a date with me after I stalked her on Facebook to ask her out and was a single father of two with a crazy ex wife. She has become the mother my kids never had and the wife I always knew existed. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm fairly certain she lurks here, she loves our brew dates)

This story gives me hope

If not for all that I wouldn't have met the most amazing an beautiful woman I now call my wife. Still can't believe she agreed to go on a date with me after I stalked her on Facebook to ask her out and was a single father of two with a crazy ex wife. She has become the mother my kids never had and the wife I always knew existed. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm fairly certain she lurks here, she loves our brew dates)

Someday maybe I'll get there!

So far I can't imagine having time between work and my daughter, or getting to a point where my crazy ex wasn't causing so much trouble that I don't want to involve anyone else in my crazy life.

Happy to hear things are good for you.
Someday things will be a lot better in my world.

Back