What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far:

Bells Hopslam
Green Flash West Coast IPA
SN Ruthless Rye
Homebrewed Belgain Strong Dark
Homebrewed Riwaka/Nelson Sauvin Bitter

What did you think of the rye?

Honestly...(and this is coming from THE biggest SN fan)...it was a little disappointing. I've had much better Rye IPAs...and I've had much better Sierra Nevada beers. Don't get me wrong...it was good, but they are capable of more.

Workin on EdWorts haus pale ale dry hopped with an ounce of citra for 14 days. F$&king amazing...

The first glass out of the keg of an IPA that is my 3rd batch
and 2nd of this IPA I must have got lucky cause it's wonderful
and when it clears a little and get crabed all the way it's gonna be
awesome :ban:

next on deck is an IIPA

I just found a growler of a ginger infused pumpkin ale from a local brewpub at the bottom of my beer fridge. I'm enjoying that.

Had a BackPocket Golden Nickel and Jacknife on tap,now having my Cali Un- common. I put it in front of a pizza flyer thought they were both pretty Super bowl friendly! Crappy pic though. Its actually a nicer golden color,darker than a light lager with a unique hop presence from sapphire hops,a bit soapy tasting and really brings out this hop i used a Non certified organic cascades hop which im deciding im not too interested in getting again although i think it would blend good with a few other hops. I was thinking i was having issues with this fermentation when bottleing it but has kept up pretty well so i dont know if my s-23 was giving this character or my hops, i get a slight build up of foam in the bottle but no gushers, they probably would benefit from cold conditiong if i had another spare fridge to always do this. With limited space its hard to do this with a good pipeline and great commercial craft beer.

0204022008.jpg

Cracked open a bomber of my RIS. Just hit its 6 month birthday a few days ago. Really tasty. But I'll be pretty good and trashed when I'm done. Heh.

My American amber-some time ago,its almost like a session AB but 6% and still dry and sessionable. It had a complex grain bill of 12 grains for a partial mash and Chinook and Centeniall.Used notty at a low temp.I used around 14 oz for a 1/3 batch comparable of a 5 gallon batch of crystal malts which would be short of 3# crystal type malts for a 5 gallon batch and i had a finish of 1.01 with a 1.06 og, im going to assume it was around 150 mash with a series of lighter beers i did accidentally with a thermometer off mistakabley of about 8-10 deg. Its got a nice malty dryness that you wouldnt miss with a fuller body and by no means is it cloyingly sweet. It has a mild sweet character but a dry roasty light/dark carmel roastyness, clean malty dry and sessionable for a 6.5%er. Who said all those carmel malts give body?(B.S)!And im pretty shure even a non-craft beer drinker would enjoy it.No way does it seem like 6.5% either. Very clean dry,light crisp beer, i guess i could say its almost a lager,its that refined but aged/cellered too.

amber.jpg

0204022047.jpg

Pyramid's discord dark IPA. Pretty good, but a little too resin-y for me.very good for the price, though, at $3 for a 22.

I guess ive underestimated myself of making some pretty good session ales like this German Amercan Pale/Mild ale.More of a copper orange than red also.Im pretty happy how it turned out considering it was my own recipe, every once in a while i get those really good ones.This is a good excuse to drink more beer.

0204022251.jpg

aventinus wheat dopplebock. interesting and slightly bitter taste for a wheat beer. it's bottle conditioned and the one i am drinking right now has quite a bit of lees in it... would be easy to harvest!

Now having an Outburst by pyramid. Pretty drinkable, definitely NOT the imperial IPA they called it, though. Not in as much of an IPA mood as I thought I was when it's was at the store, though.

a taste cup of joe. 8 o'clock breakfast, i believe. whatever it is i hope it has enough caffeine to get me going, i have to take the kids out to get some aquarium fish and get this Altbier brewed in time to not pay attention to the Super Bawl this evening. FWIW, i can't think of a championship game that i've been less excited for. hopefully they'll pick better teams next year.

Back