Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This label is for my SWMBO... I told her I was going to brew a beer for her, and she said that she wanted a cool label. She's likes to listen to vinyl records so I figured this was perfect.

Amy's Label.jpg

dwshotwell said:
This label is for my SWMBO... I told her I was going to brew a beer for her, and she said that she wanted a cool label. She's likes to listen to vinyl records so I figured this was perfect.

Nice. That's a keeper

dwshotwell said:
This one is for a chocolate stout that I'll be bottling in a few weeks.

Wow, very nice labels by a lot of you. I'm feeling like being a dirty thief and stealing a few. :)

First off I can only draw stick figures LOL. I have no design experience.

The first is my Label for my all grain I just bottled.The second is my brewery logo that I shamelessly modified from an exhisting pic on Google. I don't claim ownership of any of these .

2011 Harvest ale.jpg

Beer Logo 3.jpg

Here ya go.

I think this one is awesome. Even though it's simple it gives you the impression the artist has skills somehow (unclear to my non-artistic self). Also, am I going crazy or did you originally post one without the background lettering? I thought it looked more like an artsy water-color spill on construction paper. Very cool.

Thanks man. No, youre not going crazy. The first one I posted was an unfinished one. And like I said the only other thing I've done is change it from brewery to brewing. I add the style to the label as well.

Here's my next shot. I'm trying to come up with a basic template to use so that everything looks similar, but brews in the fridge are distinguishable in black and white.

Apfelwein Label.jpg

I've only made one batch so far, so I decided I'd make a label for it, though I might not continue. Here is what I came up with:

image-1783189018.jpg

I've only made one batch so far, so I decided I'd make a label for it, though I might not continue. Here is what I came up with:

Cool label! Very simple and elegant.

What's this nonsense about you may not continue?! Blasphemy! You mean you might not continue this pale ale, or brewing altogether?

Chuginator said:
Cool label! Very simple and elegant.

What's this nonsense about you may not continue?! Blasphemy! You mean you might not continue this pale ale, or brewing altogether?

No, I loved brewing it, just the hassle of making/sticking all the labels, just to remove them later.

I'll probably just label the ones I give to friends/family.

No, I loved brewing it, just the hassle of making/sticking all the labels, just to remove them later.

I'll probably just label the ones I give to friends/family.

PHEW! I can sleep tonight.

I never have given into the label thing, as it does seem like it would be a hassle, but there is one situation where a label would be mondo. I'll post the idea here if I ever get that far.

Here is my latest. It's called Honey Head Nut Brown Ale. I named it after the story of Sampson killing the lion in the bible.
c334ed57.jpg

ae8630f5.jpg

tennesseean_87 said:
Using milk? It's easy, besides the sticking part, but I think it's fun.

No, unfortunately I didn't know about the milk method before I stuck shipping type labels on them. Big mistake!

This is my first label for one of my beers that was actually worth the effort to even make one. Haven't stuck em' to the bottles yet...Next batch I'll have it together.

midnightsunp3aq2.jpg

It's my first two labels for my first two brews. Our detached garage turned into the neighborhood "bar" last summer and we live on a circle where everyone travels house to house with a cooler. Hence we christened the place the Circle Bar. This summer we'll drink our own brews (and wine) too.

Jim is our 115lb yellow lab and one of the neighborhood mascots.

witWeDrinking.jpg

blackSquirrelNutter.jpg

This is just a general observation, and a bit off topic, but why are the majority of commercial, and I would have to say a great deal of Home Brew labels, which are designed with/around a circle, oval, or ellipse?

I am in the process with working with a graphic artist on a logo, and it has been my epiphany that there are a great deal of very successful logos that use the circle, oval and ellipse design. (FWIW, all three are ellipses, but that is an argument for another forum ;) )

I think the whole thing is a question for an art/aesthetics forum, but it probably has something to do with the fact that rectangles are boring/jarring without anything to break up the intersections of straight lines. Circles may help focus attention as well. I don't raelly know, I'm just trying to remember art appreciation 101. Here is another example of a 'very successful logo' ;) employing an elipse:

How Now Brown Label.jpg

Yup, circles/ovals/ellipses tend to draw attention when placed over straight lines

I would bet the success of ovals, elipses, and circles has to do with the curvature of the bottle and some sort of asthetic flow. 90% of the labels that I've designed are circular in nature.

My girlfriend who is a graphic design major made this for me. I think its pretty good. My brother also brews hence the Burchett (my last name) Brothers name.

hennyfinallab4real.jpeg

Back