Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPS says mine was delivered this afternoon! I can't wait to get home to check them out... I'm giddy like a schoolgirl.

Awesome, Jason. My wife signed for it and it was packaged in a Kohler box. She thought it was something for a DIY project! Nice cammo dude!

Just got mine about 1 hr ago! Woot woot! So what's a good way of cleaning these? (on the inside)? Maybe fill them with a water-bleach solution?

Alrighty, thanks for the suggestions guys. Is replacing the o-rings something you would consider compulsory or optional? I mean, its holding CO2 now right?

Alrighty, thanks for the suggestions guys. Is replacing the o-rings something you would consider compulsory or optional? I mean, its holding CO2 now right?

You're beer will have a cola taste by doing nothing. You could probably get away with soaking them in oxyclean, but honestly, o-rings are so damn cheap.

soaking does nothing.

the syrup is so deep into the o-rings its crazy.

the lid oring I had in a boiling pot of home made PBW. the water so was to hot to hold my hand in. when I removed the Lid Oring it still smelled of syrup.

like I said in the first page you need to replace the O-rings
================================================== ==================

yes they will be clean of soda, and will be pressured upon shipping. they are not reconditioned so the gaskets and o-rings will need to be replaced you can get that from McMaster Carr for a lot cheaper than you LHBS charges.

1: 99.9% of ball lock kegs use the same o-rings. You can, in a pinch, buy these in sets from your LHBS, but they tend to be REALLY expensive ($3.95 per set at mine). You can get 'em in bulk from McMaster-Carr, part numbers are...

Dip Tube O-Rings - 9452K172
5/16" ID x 1/2"OD x 3/32" width, BunaN #109
Pkg 100/$1.89

Post O-Rings - 9452K23
7/16" ID x 5/8" OD x 3/32" width, BunaN #111
Pkg 100/$2.15

Lid O-Rings - 9452K218
3 1/2" ID x 4" OD x 1/4" width, BunaN #417
Pkg 10/$12.50

================================================== ==================

-=Jason=-

keg was waiting for me when I got home. happy guy here.

Thanks again Jason, and if you need an extra couple bucks for the shipping, let me know.

Got my 4 today, and they're in great shape. Thanks so much Jason - you're awesome. Look for some extra $ in your paypal account BTW.

Frodo you didn't have to do that.thank you

-= Jason =-

Sent from my Droid using Home Brew Talk

My two are soaking in some Oxyclean as we speak! They looked great. No stickers, no dents, came pressurized, poppets seems to be working well. In fact I think I may do some polishing work on one or both of these as my 'good-lookers'.

Thanks again Jason. I will join the others and kick you an extra couple bucks in paypal. My LHBS has refurb kegs for 35 bucks and they arent in nearly as nice condition as these are!

Yeah I think someone at UPS was just lazy with my tracking number. It is all of a sudden magically on a truck this morning. I'm pretty stoked man.

even the ones I kept for myself are scratch and dent specials. I wasn't about to go over each of them one by one to pick my eight out. I just grabbed 8 and called it a day.

I do think I'll try my hand at polishing them like folks do with keggles.

I actually ended up a keg short for myself. not sure how that happened either I got shorted from my guy or I sent an extra keg to some one.

-=Jason=-

jakecpunut
Moterbiker
jeffmeh
cincybrewer
Krelja
AZ_IPA your kegs are catching a ride to Phoenix tomorrow and *hopefully* end up in Lakeside Tues Afternoon.

-=Jason=-

Kegs have arrived and are looking good!

Thanks a lot Jason! Hell of a job, it couldn't have been easy.

I have been billed for two shipments thus far and it goes some thing like this.

Code:
ups.com price	billed cost	shipped     Figured shipping     Plus/Minus
48.52	          21.61	          3               15               -6.61
43.65	          16.23	          2               10               -6.23

all have it all totaled up when all shipped kegs are invoiced. to those who want to chip in extra for shipping thank you, for those that don't I understand and don't worry about it.

-=jason=-

Whoo, whoo they are here!! :ban:

Jason, you the man!!!!

kegs.JPG

yes they will be clean of soda, and will be pressured upon shipping. they are not reconditioned so the gaskets and o-rings will need to be replaced you can get that from McMaster Carr for a lot cheaper than you LHBS charges.

So would you say I need to oxyclean it or will a hot rinse and some starsan suffice?

So would you say I need to oxyclean it or will a hot rinse and some starsan suffice?

here is how I cleaned the keg I am currently using:
hot oxyclean solution *run hot solution through kegging system*, and carboy brush. shake like crazy, dump rinse, starsan run through system, fill.

-=Jason=-

Flomaster said:
I have been billed for two shipments thus far and it goes some thing like this.

ups.com price billed cost shipped Figured shipping Plus/Minus
48.52 21.61 3 15 -6.61
43.65 16.23 2 10 -6.23

all have it all totaled up when all shipped kegs are invoiced. to those who want to chip in extra for shipping thank you, for those that don't I understand and don't worry about it.

-=jason=-

I would be more than happy to chip in. I can only imagine what a pain this was for you. I really appreciate all that you did.

thanks, Jason.
Were those shipping charges to a biz or home?

I got my two.. thanks! They look good. One held pressure on arrival, the other did not. I will put in new o-rings + keg lube and trust that will take care of it.

'Out for Delivery'! :ban:

Its going to be awesome because I am on the 'office side' at work and receiving is in the shop. I have not told anyone about what is coming (except my manager) so it is going to be pretty funny when they open up the package and see that they are kegs! haha

One way to get rid of the syrup smell out of the O-ring is to soak it in beer!
Hahahaha
I should have mine today. I'm so ass-cited! Have beer waiting for it.
Hey is there going to be a round 5?

6 are at my commercial address, but I have not had a chance yet to pick them up. 2 are in transit. Thanks again.

Jeremy, your kegs will be in Lakeside tues afternoon some time. you can pick them up Weds for sure. ask for Steve in "Waterworks"

-=Jason=-

jpg.jpg

My 3 buddies hanging out in my cube with me.

They are in great shape! Flomaster you are awesome man! Thank you sir.

if all the kegs I shipped were in great shape I'd hate to see a neglected looking keg..

anyone have a photo of a beat up keg?

-=Jason=-

Back