Enough of this desk,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to join you with a pint of homebrew.

I'll take this is a chance to ask for your next installment of the history of your brewery!

I've really enjoyed reading them

Out of town working and no homebrew, however I left work at 5 and I'm in my hotel with another mixed 6-Pack. Something along the lines of SN 2007 IPA, Brooklyn East IPA, Troegs Amber Hop-back, Dogfish 60, Magic Hat HIPA, and Redhook IPA...

It's an IPA-fest in my Hilton Garden Inn room. Hah!

EDIT: After the Redhook and SN IPAs, the Redhook IPA is in the lead. This stuff is pretty tasty! Smooth too...

In a couple hours. I have to do a couple lessons first. It's usually not a good idea to teach music lessons after a beer or two.

Going to try and kick this keg of White Christmas with you tonight. It didn't condition as well as I thought it would over the last three months. The coriander/orange are overpowering, and it's almost gross in color. It tasted better when it was almost too green to drink. Somehow, though, each sip reminds me very much of Christmas, so I did accomplish at least part of my goal. Now...it needs to go!

EDIT:
After a couple pints, this is really growing on me. I just wish it were a little better. It pours with a really rich, thick head, and the color isn't THAT objectionable. The flavor is just too strong, and the color is all wrong for a wit. I'm gonna try it again...after I kick this keg...and brew a lager (Budvar?)...and a big stout or porter...and maybe an IPA (Dogfish 60 clone?).

I started with the last bomber of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin ...had to remove that from inventory. Still a damn good beer.

Now I've got a Goose Island IPA. MMMMM.

Back