What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I haven't han any of them but I'll look for them. I think the Pliny wil be easier to find. I'll do some searching for all if them though. If I find some I'll send you some along with some homebrew.

Just opened the Red Rocket Ale and this is good stuff. A bit more hoppy than I expected which is ok with me! nice amber-ish/red-ish color. 6.8% ABV so it's not too big. I may be starting to lean toward Bear Republic as my current favorite brewery. Emphasis on current which means this will probably change next weekend. :mug:

200px-507_cartman_redrocket.gif

Red Rocket?

Ok, I've moved onto the Bear Republic Black Stout. Chocolatey flavor and very smooth. Not a big fan a stouts but I like this one. Red Rocket Ale is better but this one is fine. 8.1% ABV. After 2 bombers of BR brew, I should be feelin' good!

Entire Butt English Porter.

Got it because I liked the name. :D

Ok, and I like English Porters.

It's ok, not as heavy as a I like, but it's ok.

It's no Fullers tho.... :rockin:

Ize

Yeah, the more I drank the Black Bear Stout, the more I realized it was very sweet. Not as sweet as Gold Shower but still pretty sweet. Red Rocket was really good. I like that better than Racer 5 and the XP pale ale. I would like to do a side by side sample with Hop Rod Rye to see just how good it is. Let me see.....Do I have any Hop Rod Rye? :D

todd_k said:
Yeah, the more I drank the Black Bear Stout, the more I realized it was very sweet. Not as sweet as Gold Shower but still pretty sweet. Red Rocket was really good. I like that better than Racer 5 and the XP pale ale. I would like to do a side by side sample with Hop Rod Rye to see just how good it is. Let me see.....Do I have any Hop Rod Rye? :D

Nope...you don't...next question. :D

Are you sure? I seem to remember a wine box with a few bottles of Hop Rod Rye around here somewhere....... Oh well. Gots to go to work tomorrow. Better stay away from that crack!

I think I mentioned this before but SWMBO hosted a Party-Lite (candles) party for a friend and she bought 3 six packs of beer and no one had any. The other 2 were Blue Moon Pumkin ale (gross) and Magic Hat #9 (which I also don't like). I also didn't have any homebrew that was cold.

logo_IPA.jpg

And no, I don't recommend it. Been trying IPAs and thought to try one from MI. Very high alcohol and is pretty un-balanced with hops... very un-balanced actually. Goose was much better.

Did I tell you guys I actually stoped by here about a month ago as I was in the area. I saw a bar filled with your stereotypical biker fella singing drunk as a skunk at about 1 in the afternoon. I was not impressed.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Last night I was drinking from about 5 different kegs of HB on BOSTON's deck! The quality of beer you guys put out on a consistent basis impresses the hell out of me.

Wish I could have gotten comfortably numb last night, but duty called.

Yeah, that was pretty cool. There was more damn beer than we could have possibly finished, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed all the ones I sampled. Can't wait for the spring beer fest.

I have an Anhueser Busch Jack's Pumpkin Spiced Ale.

It isn't disgusting, but it isn't in my top 50. very weird aftertaste, then a pumpkin after-after taste. Of course crystal clear and what I'd expect from a pumpkin beer.

The Weyerbacher one kicked this one's ass.

My Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale. Spicy, not so weird on the aftertaste. A friend tried it tonight (his first homebrew), and said he'd pay for it if it was for sale.

First I had St. Peter's English Ale (skunky in a funky green bottle). Really nice skunk aroma. Then Fuller's 1845, one of my all time favs. Now a Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA. I didn't think I'd like it, but I do.

2006 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale!

Oh yeah, worth the wait.

It is lighter than last year, and a bit more harsh at first. Still a really smooth beer and really freaking good. Oh yeah. :rockin:

Dude said:
2006 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale!

Oh yeah, worth the wait.

It is lighter than last year, and a bit more harsh at first. Still a really smooth beer and really freaking good. Oh yeah. :rockin:

2006 or 2007?

They release in late October and date it for the actual year, not like a car company or microsoft.

La Fin Du Monde

Not as much as I thought it would be.

Goes down smooth, not a major amount of finish. Good tho, not too heavy, but not what I thought it would be.

Tasty tho.

Ize

My Fat Tire clone that has been in the bottle for just shy of two weeks and is not quite ready yet so right now I'm enjoying a few Red Hook IPA's. Love that hoppiness.

Ize said:
La Fin Du Monde

Not as much as I thought it would be.

Goes down smooth, not a major amount of finish. Good tho, not too heavy, but not what I thought it would be.

Tasty tho.

Ize

I like that better warm. They don't call it La Fin Du Monde for nothing. That baby is around 9% IIRC. Not only the end of the world, but the end of the night if you have already been drinking.

chillHayze said:
I like that better warm. They don't call it La Fin Du Monde for nothing. That baby is around 9% IIRC. Not only the end of the world, but the end of the night if you have already been drinking.

LOL, it's funny you say that. It did me in on Friday night. That was the last beer of the evening. Slept in more than I should have Saturday morning. :drunk:

Ize

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut Down Ale

First the beer:

Pours amber honey colored with a tight, creamy head. Aroma is not huge, but of earthy hops, not spicy or citriusy. Flavor hits you with hops that gives way to a nice caramely maltiness, with a good amount of bitterness following. It's an Imperial IPA, but like a English take on it. Think an ESB on steroids.

What's maybe more interesting is the name and how it came about. First the label:

Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale
"We brewed this especially bitter ale in rememberance of the 2005 St. Patrick's Day Massacre and in celebration of our 20 day suspension back in January of this year!"
Whatever.
We're Still Here

Alc. 9.9% by vol.
O.G. Unforgiven
I.B.U. Unrepentant

"Shhhh... Be vewry, vewry kwiet. We're sneakin' awound wookin' for gwown-up taxpaywers dowin' tings we don't appwoove of... Be vewry kwiet.. Dare awound here somewhere... Shhhh... Be vewry, vewry kwiet..."

"From the first day of the first congress at the moment of the passage of he first law, we became weaker. The extra-large B. Fraklin said it well that you can tell the strength of a society by the paucity of the pages in it's book of laws. Today we are all surrounded by laws- Tax law, civil law, criminal law, Statutes and Bills. Laws that make large and small criminals of us all. And sometimes just doin' something that you like to do that hurts no one is also criminal, or at least strongly discouraged. Seems we can't be trusted to live well and safely on our own On our own we would all probably descend quickly into mayhem, cannibalism, and ulimately shoplifting and jaywalking. If only we all could be trusted. It's good to have such wise fathers looking out for us... isn't it? Whatever. 707.769.4495 Cheers!"

The Lagunitas Brewing Co. Petaluma, Calif.

The background story:
Lagunitas had used "420" on some of their advertising for Thursday night tasting sessions to attract a certain counter-culture customer base. The alcohol control board got all freaked out and did an 8-week undercover investigation including infiltrating the tasting sessions with agents. The agents asked repeatedly if they could buy some pot off anyone. They were offered some free from some people, but never sold any. Not having any luck they later busted 3 people on posession of marijuana and the brewery later received a 20 day suspension of their license. All charges were later dropped.

Good luck finding any. I bought this bottle a few months ago and haven't seen it since. It's been in my fridge and I almost forgot about it. I figured it was a good time to have it.

Back