Bottling with 22oz bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
I have a quick question regarding using 22oz bottles (been drinking some Fat Tires lately). The bottling attachment I have is designed to fill up to the top of 12oz bottles, and the head space left is the right amount for carbonation. Does this still apply for 22 oz bottles, or do I need to leave more space for proper carbonation?

I use both 12oz and 22oz bottles and use the same bottle wand for both just filling to the top and pulling the wand out. Ive never had an issue.

+1 on what dinbin said...I've even tested mine on wine bottles to see if it would work for future apfelwein bottling....no problems with any size bottles, that I can see, so far.

I always bottled the same whether 22's or 12's. It's funny though because I think the 22's carbonate a little quicker and better overall.

Blender said:
I always bottled the same whether 22's or 12's. It's funny though because I think the 22's carbonate a little quicker and better overall.

Mine do as well I figure it is due to having less head space compared to the same amount of beer.

The 32oz swing locks I have go even quicker and are really nice for traveling bottles.

Back