Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure he's healthy. I know the Pats worked him out about a month ago, there was some chatter after they released Meriweather that they might have signed Sharper after Week 1 (for contract reasons, they'd wait).

Damn, Hernandez is out for a week or two. Maybe we can get a third Gronk to take his place.

Nate Solder's now our third tight end. Our six-foot eight, 320 pound tight end.

We could use the third Gronk, though, we need more depth in the middle of the offensive line. And, the fourth Gronk is supposedly the best one yet, a wide receiver.

Wish I could be in Buffalo this weekend; they may not like the Pats, but they love their Gronkowskis. "ROBBIE G! ROBBIE G! ROBBIE G!"

Week 3

Power Rankings

Total Defense Allowed

A combo of both NE and GB playing not so good on D and playing teams that are probably top 10 offenses (jury out with NC and MIA). Still, both have work to do. But some of it is the opposing teams playing from behind...

So, what should be the punishment when players fake injuries to stop a no-huddle offense?

I think they should let Charles Woodson punch them in the nuts until they cough blood. That seems fair.

EDIT: The real punishment for unsportmanlike conduct like this? Make the faker sit out the remainder of the series, with no substitution. A series of 11-on-10, and there won't be any more fakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what should be the punishment when players fake injuries to stop a no-huddle offense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps

I think they should let Charles Woodson punch them in the nuts until they cough blood. That seems fair.

EDIT: The real punishment for unsportmanlike conduct like this? Make the faker sit out the remainder of the series, with no substitution. A series of 11-on-10, and there won't be any more fakers.

that's what i was talking about with my earlier comment!

seriously wtf was that? totally seems like it was coming from the sidelines, as TWO players hit the dirt at the same time. one jumped up immediately....

there has to be repercussions for this stupidly-obvious unsportsmanlike conduct such as this.

Yeah, that's similar to what they do in soccer....cart the faker (fecker?) off the field and the team either has to use one of their very limited substitutions (unfortunately not the case in NFL) or play short handed until he returns from the "injury."

Personally, I'd like to see a 15-yard penatly, loss of two timeouts, 25K fine to the coach and player, and forfeiture of the entire game. Scratch that - eliminate the franchise completely....

You see this B.S. every week in the college game as well...

the_bird said:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps

Break their fingers! No joke, they make enough money. Take the good with the bad. I vote break their fingers!

My phins suck! Just saying.

All he's gotta say is that it was a cramp.

Dont get me wrong... I am all for getting rid of flopping, I just don't know how you realistically enforce it.

if you go down, you sit out at least a few plays.

i don't understand how these athletes with an army of trainers, nutritionists, and doctors get cramps anyway.

Because of what Cape said, I believe there's an even easier fix: no more injury time stoppages. The clock stops for the amount of time necessary to remove the injured player, who must be checked by a doctor to clear him for further play (this would obviously result in missed snaps). As soon as the injury is cleared, the clock starts again and the team loses a time out if the player returns to the game at any point. There's not many real injuries that should result in a player returning to the game anyway. Losing a time out, on a faked injury, would be a lot to stomach just to stop a no-huddle offense. I guess they could put some scrub in to do it, but that would be too obvious and easily dealt with.

True. It's also probably not as much of a problem as some make it out to be. Not to mention, hurry up offenses other than in the last two minutes or desperate situations are a legal, but intentionally "obtuse" move anyway (couldn't think of a better word), why should a sneaky move not be available to counter them?

Wow. Wonder what the flop signal from the sidelines looks like? Looked like some scene from another bad M Night Shyamalan movie after the foggy mist hits the lungs.

They are terrible. Their offense reminds me of the Steelers offense being lead by Dennis Dixon. They have decent receivers need a real QB among many other things. All the Steelers can do is play the team on the schedule. That's what they did.

A real QB? Maybe you have amnesia. You're talking about the same guy who has rewritten the Steeler's passing record book in a very short time span. He's 80-33 during the regular season and 10-3 in the post season (including two Super Bowl wins). He has a career completion % of 63, passer rating of 92.2, over 23,000 yards, 146 tds and 89 ints. Last year, in only 12 games, he had 3200 yards with 17 tds, only 5 int and led you to the Super Bowl.

Now I am not a huge fan of his, he is a rapist after all, but to say he is not a real QB is ridiculous. I am also not a Steelers fan and have not watched them this year, I have only seen the "highlights" and commentary, but seriously we are only 2 games into the season, give them a break. I would think that a Steeler's fan owes Big Ben a little more loyalty after all he has done on the football field in the last 7 years.

I do agree that Tom Brady isn't playing to shabby right now, which is about the only bright spot on my fantasy roster at the moment.

Man, we sound like Brady groupies... but the dude is BOSS. Love his interview at the end of this:

[ame]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d8226e452/NFL-Films-Presents-6th-round-pick[/ame]

Goodell says he'll go as far as taking away draft picks for faking injuries, that will stop the floppin.

_

If it were proven to be a systemic thing that coaches were teaching their players to do, I could potentially see a pick being lost (it wouldn't necessarily have to be a first rounder). But, you'd probably need a weasel (*cough cough MANGINI cough*) who would rat out a former employer for them to go that far.

The Queens suck. They need to hit the start over button something fierce.

Since Andrew Luck seems to be the most-hyped QB prospect since... well, who? Peyton Manning?... I'm worried there are going to be a half-dozen teams fully in the tank before the season's half-over. Kansas City has lost what, their three best players, and don't seem to have any confidence in Matt Cassell. Vikings have needed a quarterback for years. Who knows if Manning will play another down, and the Colts are absolutely atrocious without him. Seahawks are counting on Tavaris Jackson, which makes them even more pathetic than the Vikings.

Back