Kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadianbrewer2012

Reaction score
I am just finishing a build on my first kegerator .. I have never kegged before but now finally have all of the required equipment.... I want to have my co2 tank on the exterior of my fridge as it is a 20# tank... I also want to be able to remove the gas line going through the side of the fridge at my leisure to force carb etc. What kind of fitting do I put to surround the gas line to make it removable while still preserving the cold inside the fridge?

A grommet?

Instead of actually running the tubing through the wall of the fridge, you might consider installing an MFL nipple instead. That can be simply run through the fridge wall with a rubber washer/steel washer/nut on each side to lock it in place and seal it up tight. Then you attach gas lines with FFL fittings on each side, which would allow you to unscrew your tank line any time you want without dicking with a seal...

Cheers!

Do you have any photos of the co2 setup. I'm setting my kegerator up and saw your post and thought it would be a great way to still be able to force carb. Thanks

Back