Cool brewing fermentation cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recieved mine yesterday, and have my 6.5 gallon primary in there as of 4pm yesterday. I didn't plan well for being prepared with plastic bottles so I only had 3 11oz bottles on hand, and stuck those in there, and then this morning the wort was at 73 degrees. I changed out the 3 bottles with a frozen one gallon plastic jug this morning. We will see how that does.

I used one for my last 3 batches. It works GREAT! I did a trial run for a few days with water in my fermenter and changing the number of frozen 2 liter bottles to see how much the temp would change vs. ambient temp so I would have a better idea how to regulate temp when i started using it for fermentation. I've also been able to bring down the temp just a few degrees using those small ice packs that come with yeast I order online. During the hottest part of summer my basement was 80 degrees and i was able to maintain a fermentation temp in the low 60's using two 2-liter water bottles.

Back