Brewer's Wish List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
My fellow Charlottean ryan got me wondering what parts I'm missing from my brewing setup...it seems a little bit of everything.

I figured I'd throw this question out there to see what I'm missing. If you could have any one thing, regardless of cost, for your brewing system, what would it be?

Mine: Since my filtration setup finally got here, I'd like to upgrade my system with a heat exchanger and temperature control module so I can maintain a constant temp in my mash. So basically, I'd like to upgrade to a HERMS system...hopefully sometime this year :ban:

PS...I know I'm breaking my own rules...but an outdoor restaurant quality sink would be nice for the garage as well.

If I had to pick one thing:
Outrageous: Temp. control conical fermentor.
Realistic: Refrigerator/Fermentation Chamber for Lagering

Some kind of complete temp control for our 2 fermenters Would make things so much better. I'm already getting tired of this medieval brewing style. Not to mention,open up whole new worlds of brewing. Hahahehehoho,to the brewery! Where life is beautiful all the time,& I'll be happy to see those nice young men with their clean shiny kettles...:drunk:

New brewer here. First on my wishlist is some type of kegging system. Still doing extract brewing, so you can keep your fancy smanchy temperature control system :)

So do I,but moving into adding steeping grains. Still need to keep the temps down to a particular yeast's effective range. You don't have to be an AG'r to need good temp control. All brewing styles benefit from good temp control.

Id love to be able to efficently USE my HERMS!....I can never seem to get it dialed in to the point that I can use it and get consistent results.

At this point, I would be happy to have a kettle large enough for full boils and a burner to heat it with. :D

Back