A sad day for the WortMonger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortMonger

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I had a brother-in-law for 22 days! I was married to his sister on the 9th. He got to feeling bad on Monday and went to the local hospital. He was yellow and they did a CATscan. They found a mass close to his liver and were so worried they rushed him to the city for more care and scans. The biopsy results were still not in as of this morning, but they had decided to put a stint in his bile duct to start de-yellowing him before they were sure they would start keimo soon. Everything was going great after the second attempt to place the stint in a more workable area when he coded. They worked on him for 30 minutes but could never get his heart working. After the fact, they checked the results and found he was completely eaten up with cancer (the mother was told days earlier they were suspecting stage 4 lymphoma). All I can say is I am glad he went with a bang rather than years of whimper like my own Grand-Dad did. Also fitting, he went on his favorite holiday Halloween. I ask for nothing but to celebrate the life of a fun guy. Hoist a pint and give a cheer for my BIL James. Satan didn't want him, so God has to put up with him now! LOL.;)

To James, a final Happy Halloween!:mug:

Raising one in his honor. And good wishes to you and yours.

Yep she's pretty F'kd up over it. It was just so sudden. Thanks a million to you guys for 12 or 16 oz curls. I'm already past the wow and into the taking care of everyone stage, so... all is well so to speak. Just trying to keep their minds off of it with my humor and great empathy skills. Again, Thanks from me and mine. This forum is great for its caring people.

Sorry to hear news like this.

Raising a smoked porter right now.

RIP James.

WM, I am glad it was fast, at least. Take care of that wife of yours and her family.

I just finished one, but going to have another in his honor. The family is in my prayers.

I'm having a few Dogfish Head's and they'll be in his honor.
Cheers! :mug:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'll raise a glass in his honor tonight.

Sorry Man, our best are with you and yours.

Back