Any suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkmasterchilly

Reaction score
I'm going up to Canada for 6 months in May for the summer. I have a good job and the money's to good to turn down. But anyways I think its kinda a waste to leave my carboys empty the whole time I'm gone I was kinda thinking I can get a brew going about 2 weeks before I leave than the day before I leave I can rack it to the secondary that way the whole time I'm gone the brew could be aging. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a good style of beer that I can do this with or maybe even a wine or mead my g/f had also suggested a barley wine. it will be during the summer and I can easily for see temps in my apt getting up to 80f maybe even 90f and there will no one around to monitor the temps so maybe its a bad idea. basically all I want to do is come home bottle and drink. I don't want to wait any longer after I come back. if anyone had any suggestions on what I should make and or how I should go about doing it it would be much appritiated a recipe would also be good

:mug:

a barley wine, as you mentioned might be a good one. i think stouts get better with age. possibly a belgian strong ale, those take time to mature as well.

P.P.S. sorry I'm not trying to bump this thread but it also just occured to me any recipes haft to be an extract or partial extract b/c I don't have the ability to AG at this time.

Back