Steak and Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
So I went to Steak and Ale last weekend with my in-laws. I asked the server what kind of ale they have. She of course starts naming BMC beers, but ends up actually having Newcastle Brown Ale.

I have to say I was surprised, I expected that they wouldn't have any actual ales. Apparently, there is someone, somewhere in that corporation that realizes the difference between a lager and an ale and wants to keep the name legit. Newcastle is not a very common beer at Oklahoma restaurants. You're usually lucky to find Sam Adams.

My wife and I went to one a while back. The best they had was Killians. :rolleyes:

The whole experience was quite underwhelming, actually. Esp. for what they charge.

homebrewer_99 said:
Man, bad memories of a Sport's Bar in Lawton, OK...they had Sam Adams and Shiner on the IMPORTS list and charged $.50 more for them!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I D I O T S ! ! !

I always raise a huge stink about that in a bar.

I've actually gotten free beer in a place because I threatened to call the regional manager.

I told the manager that he was lucky that I didn't live there because I would sue him (I'm originally from NJ where it's an official sport) for "misrepresentation and theft". He said go ahead. I said, you know, I just might buy a house here and do that. Chances are I'll own this bar and with the extra money I get you'll be paying my house off in months.

He just didn't get it! A-hole!

Back