Lets See Your Holiday Lights!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't going to put mine up this year but the family insisted. Now that they are up I'm kinda glad I did.

Come on all you Clark Griswalds out there! Show us your lights!

2967-XmasLights.JPG

That's just beautiful, Rich. Christmas lights always look prettier in the snow too. I'm not putting up any lights this year due to divorce drama, but I can't wait to see everyone else's lights.

Very nice! I'm a scrooge, I guess. I haven't even dug out my Christmas decorations yet for inside, let alone outside. I haven't decorated outside for years. I might put a christmas tree on the deck outside of the dining room window. I think that will look nice.

Your decorations really look nice, Rich.

Here's mine, as I am typing this we have all the windows open because it's in the 70's doesn't feel like Christmas.
1332-P1010127.JPG

Bah Humbug. I don't even like getting a tree, much less outside lights. But the kids'll prolly whine if i don't, so if they go up, I'll take a pic. They're nothing special.

I am not putting up anything this year because i am going to be in Florida. My old man said that he spent two weeks putting up lights "for his grand kid" I will post up some pictures when I get down there.

Cheers

We're not having our traditional Christmas at our house this year where everyone comes here.

I just came back from Korea late Sat afternoon, Sun was a day of rest, Tues was a major ice storm...

We are planning on tiling the basement floor (where everyone meets and eats) before Christmas then heading to Hawaii in Jan.

Some of the (married) grandkids aren't traveling for the holidays and our kids want us to come visit them instead, so we have 4-5 places to visit (instead of everyone coming here)...so no lights. :eek:

I don't do lights (long story), but one of my buddies, and fellow brewer, went all out this year.

He's got about 20 big pine trees in his front yard. 15,000 lights, two 30 amp breaker boxes in his yard, an FM modulator, and 8 songs later, he's got all the lights synced up to a rotation of 8 songs on a loop broadcasting on FM for people to stop and sit in his very long driveway and watch/listen.

He's got a donation box out with all proceeds going to a local charity. I'll see if I can get some video of it to link to.

RichBrewer said:
OK! One more time!
Anyone else decorate their house?

Yes! but not yet. My wife's rule are simple:

No colored lights, no blow up thingies.

White lights and wreaths. It looks nice every year, I will post in a week or so.

ohiobrewtus said:
I don't do lights (long story), but one of my buddies, and fellow brewer, went all out this year.

He's got about 20 big pine trees in his front yard. 15,000 lights, two 30 amp breaker boxes in his yard, an FM modulator, and 8 songs later, he's got all the lights synced up to a rotation of 8 songs on a loop broadcasting on FM for people to stop and sit in his very long driveway and watch/listen.

He's got a donation box out with all proceeds going to a local charity. I'll see if I can get some video of it to link to.

That dude's crazy, man. But at least he's donating to charity.

I put a Santa snow-globe blow up in the front yard and some ribbons on the lights. Pretty weak. It snowed here before I had a chance to put up my lights.

I really would like to see that guy's power bill for the month of december.

I don't have any lights on the outside---just inside---but I will say that those damn "icicle" lights are the bane of the season and should be outlawed.

Not too original, but the kids like it just the same...

P1020811.JPG

And the porch a little closer up:

P1020812.JPG

I'm not doing the light thing this year. Infact SWMBO had to insist, before we got a table top tree this year. But before SWMBO and I met, I rented a room from my twin sister and my BIL. Here's the lights that my BIL and I put up.
xmas.jpg

Here's ours. We didn't get too crazy.

4688-lights_2007.jpg

I thought this tree pic turned out pretty nice as well. If anyone is keeping up with the digital camera thread, this pic was taken with the Lumix FX07 in "Night Scenery" mode with only the lights from the tree illuminating the foreground. Check out the blurred train beneath the tree.

4688-tree_2007.jpg

Back