QD Faucet Assembly? Anyone have one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XLT_66

Reaction score
Hey guys, I like the idea of having an actual tap right on my ball lock keg.

However, wouldn't this basically just pour foam since there is no length of hose to reduce the foam?

See the link for what I'm talking about. I'd sure like to just haul a keg out to the patio, set up my little portable c02 tank and pour right from the keg without the picnic tap.

Okay...discuss!

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_271_129_371&products_id=2270

Nevermind. I ended up finding the answer after a bit of searching. I just wonder if the epoxy mixer in th dip tube would do the trick or not....

... I just wonder if the epoxy mixer in th dip tube would do the trick or not....
Absolutely. It works very well for me.

BTW, I use the all metal disconnect on my setup.

DSC00731c.JPG

As opposed to this:

DSC00730c.JPG

Just so you know, that adapter will not accept any of the forward seal faucets.

No - It will work just fine. That is what I have on the keg shown in the second image.

I gotcha. I do like that idea of all metal. Seems like pulling on a tap like that that with the moment loading, that plastic probably can't last too long. I'll see how it goes and move from there.

Thanks for your input.

The plastic disconnect is A-Ok. It will do just fine without worry. I switched to the metal one 'cause' I think it looked nicer and I could get a nice pour down the side of a glass. It dispenses straight down rather than on an angle. But that's just me.

DSC00731c.JPG

PJ ... What "QD" are you using in above pic
and will a Perlick faucet fit on it, also do you still need part below.
And any other parts,pieces I need would be great.

image_933.jpg

PJ ... What "QD" are you using in above pic
and will a Perlick faucet fit on it, also do you still need part below.
And any other parts,pieces I need would be great.
The QD is this one: http://morebeer.com/view_product/18271/102293

Unfortunately the Beer Faucet to Disconnect Adapter will not work with a forward seal Perlick faucet. It could be modified on a lathe to accomodate it though. A machine shop could do it fairly easily. Just bring a standard shank in with the adapter and the machinist can duplicate the recess for the Perlick mechanism in it.

Hope this helps.

Hey PJ, are your Perls all 425's, by any chance?

I ask because they have that sliding "block" at the shank end that the 525 design got rid of. There shouldn't be any problem at all putting a 525 on any shank (well, aside from that whole "teething problem" they had last summer ;) )

Cheers!

Hey PJ, are your Perls all 425's, by any chance?

I ask because they have that sliding "block" at the shank end that the 525 design got rid of. There shouldn't be any problem at all putting a 525 on any shank (well, aside from that whole "teething problem" they had last summer ;) )

Cheers!
You are right.

But - No, all my draft faucets are Vent-Matic Beer Faucets. I do not think they are available anymore.

Vent-Matic.jpg

The plastic disconnect is A-Ok. It will do just fine without worry. I switched to the metal one 'cause' I think it looked nicer and I could get a nice pour down the side of a glass. It dispenses straight down rather than on an angle. But that's just me.

I liked the looks of this so I ordered them off Midwest Supplies http://www.midwestsupplies.com/stainless-steel-ball-lock-post-connect-liquid.html but when I got them, it had the same angled up part as the plastic ones even though the picture is different. They are nice but I'm not sure I'll keep them since I was looking for the true 90. I wonder if they changed them to get less resistance.

I'd looked at More Beer but the Midwest ones were cheaper but I guess not the same.

The Perlick 525's work just fine with that adapter. I have one and use is with my 525 without any issues.

sweet. would one 20 oz paintball tank be enough to dispense two 5 gallon kegs you think?

sweet. would one 20 oz paintball tank be enough to dispense two 5 gallon kegs you think?

As long as you are just pushing the beer and not carbonating with the paintball tank, it should be enough to dispense 3-4 cornys.

great. i'm thinking about using these for a party. Easier than setting up a rolling dispenser with a trash can.

Short answer - Yes - Absolutely.

As long as you are just pushing the beer and not carbonating with the paintball tank, it should be enough to dispense 3-4 cornys.
For everyone: Just keep in mind that a 20oz PB tank is 1/4 of a 5lb tank. What can you dispense from a 5 pounder? Keep in mind - no carbonation - just dispensing.

Back