My first couple beer labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choptop

Reaction score
I'm an illustrator/web designer, so coming up with the labels is one of my favorite parts of making beer (besides, you know, drinking it). Here are a few labels from my 1st two batches of homebrew.

babysteps.jpg

babysteps22oz.jpg

eviltwin1.jpg

eviltwin2.jpg

Thanks!! I'm torn about which one to use for the 2nd batch. I'll probably print both and go 50/50.

nice skulls and the bottle pic that label came out really clean looking.

Some nice artwork, but I'm wondering just what those things under the 1st skull are. Not keys, not moraccas, what are those? Regards, GF.

They're rattles. It's a baby's skull, since it was my first homebrew (hence the deformed shape and no teeth).

Don't worry, choptop. I could tell they were rattles and it was a baby skull. The "Baby Steps" gave it away.

BTW, I like all three of them!

that baby skull one is hilarious - the first tshirt design I ever sold to an apparel company was of conjoined babies with a zipper down the middle, holding a skull rattle and some type that said "Divide and Conquer"...my wife was appalled...but its nice to see someone else shares my humor. haha! Nice work on the labels!

HA! That sounds awesome. I have to do fairly cookie cutter corporate work during the day, so I like to get weird whenever I can. Glad you like.

FWIW I like the skull version of Evil Twin. The beard is completely classic anyone who "gets" the beard will appreciate that version. Plus your skull theme is great. A name like "ChopTop" calls out for disembodied skulls! Except for your Halloween beer which would have to be called Ichabod Crane.

Okay, these totally rock. The quandary between the number 2s . . . one reminds me of your evil brewery name and the other reminds me of an early 1900's freak show. I like em both. Especially since I'm a fan of "The Terror of Tiny Town."

Great typography in your label designs. All three are great.

I also checked out your website. Awesome design and flow. Good humor as well.

:mug:

Back