So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to take a stab at my first all electric AG brew, no propane. I have to test my new, second 2kw heatstick first. If it works, I am going to use it to brew an 8 gallon batch of Dunkelweiss, using Jamil's recipe in the new BYO.

:rockin:

I'll be brewing up some Bellingham Red Ale and dry hopping my Chinook IPA. The weather is suposed to be awesome so I'm hoping for an outdoor brew. El Nino Rocks!

We are brewing a Vanilla Coffee Bourbon Oak Imperial Stout this weekend. It will be the first brew session of the new year and first time for using goodies from Christmas - new refrigerator control, brew table, etc.

This one's going to be a monster - we're shooting for 1.100 OG.

I'll be brewing up some Bellingham Red Ale and dry hopping my Chinook IPA. The weather is suposed to be awesome so I'm hoping for an outdoor brew. El Nino Rocks!

Dude, can you believe this? It's like mid April. Freakin me out. I am brewing a Porter of my own creation tomorrow.

I am doing a brew experiment. I have a pound of columbus and a pound of amarillo. I realy want to make note of their characteristics so I know what to expect from them down the road. I am going to do two half batches, (I only have 6 lbs of light DME) with no steeping grains or other changes. Basically I will do one half batch of IPA with three lbs of light DME and an all amarillo hop schedule and one half batch IPA with 3lbs of light DME and an all columbus hop schedule. I only have Nottingham yeast right now, so I will use that. When it is all done, I will do an extensive cupping/tasting and take long winded notes. Maybe even run a triangle test with some friends to see what they think.

This Saturday is a big brew day for me. It's my first time brewing outside! New kettle, new burner, new fermentation chamber, new better bottle.....it will be awesome.

Jamil's Evil Twin is the recipe. Kit received as a Christmas gift from the gf. There's like 5 oz of hops in it. What a great gift.

I'm brewing an American Ale today, A Cervesa XX tomorrow morning and then a Chili Beer. A little nervous about the Chili Beer. Going off the advise I received on here. Should be a good weekend no matter what, right?

A Belgian IPA. I washed some WLP570 from a Belgian Blonde I did a few months back. I am out of anything hoppy so it is time for another.

Here is the rough recipe:
6 lbs 2 row
2 lbs marris otter
8 oz caramel 40
4 oz Belgian aromatic

60 min 1 oz centennial
20 min .5 oz cascade
10 min .5 oz cascade
dry hop in secondary with 1 oz. amarillo

yeast: WLP 570.

Tomorrow is 10 gallons of Denny's Waldo Lake Amber. Depending how i feel i might also drop 10 gallons of My house Mild.

Brewing another batch of Edwort's house as I type this! Can't wait to use my new ball valve I bought this week from bargainfittings!

Dude, can you believe this? It's like mid April. Freakin me out. I am brewing a Porter of my own creation tomorrow.

10 lb Pale
9.3oz Crystal 75
8oz Chocolate Malt
6oz Black Patent
1oz Willamette @ 60
1oz Cascade @ 30
Washed 1056 starter

Edit: Ended up missing FWG by a little, only had to boil down to 5 gal to hit target. Hopefully my first washed yeast performs...
Lets hear it for <$10 for a case of real beer.

If I can clean out my fish tank to get it ready for selling and clean up the apartment a bit, then I will brew my 2nd beer which will be similar to my 1st, an English Pale Ale but with more hops and a little more gravity.

6.6 lbs. of extra pale LME
1 lb. DME
1/2 lb. Caramunich I
1/2 lb. Caramunich III
1 oz. Northernbrewer ( 8.5% AA ) @ 60 min.
1 oz. Fuggles ( 5.6% AA ) @ 30 min.
1 oz. Fuggles ( 5.6% AA ) @ 15 min.
1 oz. Kent Goldings ( 5.0% AA ) @ 10 min.
1 oz. Kent Goldings ( 5.0% AA ) @ knockout
Wyeast #1968

I'd like to get something going!

Watching the game, doing my first mini mash, haven't decided if it's going to be on the stove like Deathbrewer does or in the oven. Double Chocolate Stout. Oh and watching the Saints kick some but too. Who Dat for life!.

Did you get saturday delivery throught fedex? If not, don't hold your breath. They don't deliver sundays and they usually have all their sat deliveries out by noon.

Since i don't give a **** about football, i'm brewing all day today. I'm doing two back to back 5gal partial mash brews. Right now i have a strong rye ale mashing. It's a got a ton of pale malt, marris otter, and rye malt and will have 4oz of 7% whole leaf Golding hops and Elgish ale yeast. The second brew is at my wife's request and is a light colored brew loosely based on Leffe Blond, but with 2lbs of honey, Cascade hops, and using San Francisco lager yeast to quench my need to brew a steam beer.

Both of these recipes will be posted upon completion if anyone has any interest. I don't give a rats ass about style constraints, so much of these recipes have been modified quite a lot.

Today is going to be a good day.

Just finished lemon honey wheat with the argintine cascades i got from lhbs on sale!! First extract batch in about a year way quicker than the AG batches ive been doing.This was a cleanout my cabnets batch, had just enough extract but still had to add 1# of honey. And since the pats arent in it GOOOOOO SAINTS!!!!

Brewing a Pottsville Common. Essentially an attempt at Yeungling Lager, but I can't lager, so I'm using California Lager yeast and hoping some of the characteristics still come through.

Today I'm racking a 9.7% Scotch Ale - 3 gallons unoaked, 1 gallon oaked, 1 gallon oaked with 12yr Jameson Whiskey soaked chips.

Back