CO2 in Metro Detroit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoneRequired

Reaction score
Any good places to deal with in Metro Detroit?
I'm trying to decide if I should buy a cylinder (probably aluminum) or go the lease route. Does anyone have any experiences they can share? Good or bad, don't be shy, name names.... inquiring minds want to know... Who is home user friendly??

I've had very good service at this place:

Welder Welding Supply Company
(313) 565-7611
20643 Van Born Rd, Taylor, MI 48180
Cross Streets: Between Polk St and Hipp St

- GL63

You might get better information if you defined Metro Detroit better. My LHBS fills and sells the tanks. It's in Milford. Where are you?

I called around to welding supply shops and $80 seems to be the going price for a 5 pounder. I want an extra for the lager chest so I can carb beers before they are on tap.

Linc

missing link said:
You might get better information if you defined Metro Detroit better. My LHBS fills and sells the tanks. It's in Milford. Where are you?

I called around to welding supply shops and $80 seems to be the going price for a 5 pounder. I want an extra for the lager chest so I can carb beers before they are on tap.

Linc

I'm in central Macomb County. From what I can see, most of the welding shops around here (within 5 miles or so) don't actually fill tanks, they swap as the filling is done somewhere else.

$80 isn't bad I guess, as to buy a new off the net is like $60 and then there is shipping. So a $10 premium to get a full tank is OK I guess. I'm kind of leaning that route as then it's walk in swap it out and back to pouring beers...

Wanted to see what other in the area were doing...

I paid 65.00 for mine (filled) from Hopman's in Waterford.

He was easily the best price in town, and he's a pretty cool guy, so it's easy to give him my money and not regret it ;)

Wilsion Welding
30600 Dequindre Rd, Warren, MI
(586) 751-7400‎

At this location they will fill or swap.
and

Wilsion Welding
46025 N Gratiot Ave, Macomb, MI
(586) 598-9020‎

At this location they only swap.

Back