Iced Tea Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGCUNN60

Reaction score
I found this article from the Wall Street Journal.............North American brewers are betting on some unusual flavors to convince more consumers to buy beer before liquor, as drinkers increasingly turn to exotic cocktails and other alcoholic beverages.

In the latest move, Molson Coors Brewing Co. said Tuesday it will launch Coors Light Iced T in Canada next month ahead of a possible U.S. rollout. The citrus-like, iced tea-flavored beer will have roughly 4% alcohol content but no caffeine.

What do you think? Anyone heard of, made, or tasted an iced tea beer before? Recipes? Let's get this thread started, I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say.

Mill St. Brewery in Toronto has/had a lemon tea beer (Ratebeer-47). First taste was interesting but by the end of the bottle it was yech. Then theres Nickel Brook brewery in Burlington Ont that has a green apple pilsner (RB-17). Brewed with apple juice.....disgusting....I have tried it a few times in sampler packs and everytime I taste it, it's like drinking green homebrew with too much dextrose....apples in beer.....what were they thinking???

I never understand these BMC people - why don't they try making a 4% beer with pils & wheat and ferment it with a saison yeast? They just continue to make junk

Back