buying fresh grape juices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toularat

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know of good websites selling fresh juices w/skins? Or, do you have any good websites to buy "limited edition wine kits"? I have not found sites for buying wine juices. I have only found a couple for limited, or special edition kits. I know this is the time of year they are available.

Thanks.

I'm not sure of any that include skins, the juices I buy locally are fresh pressed from California and Italy with less then 1% solids according to the supplier. I talked to a rep that says they are pressed and placed in very cold temperatures so they dont ferment until they are where they want them to be, then skins removed, packaged and shipped.
Try the website for FineVineWines if you have noone locally, seems like one of the better sites ive seen around for the home winemaker, Ken

I really feel spolied after seeing what the online stores charge for the fresh juice, I get California juice for $60 to $70 for 6 gallon pails and Italian juice for $90 for 6 gallons. I hope my connection never goes out of business here in Detroit.

Ken- do you buy from a brewing supply store, or what kind of place brings in juice so cheap? I live in WI and it would be nice to find a source.

I really feel spolied after seeing what the online stores charge for the fresh juice, I get California juice for $60 to $70 for 6 gallon pails and Italian juice for $90 for 6 gallons. I hope my connection never goes out of business here in Detroit.

Sounds good, but what year is it? 2007 probably.
Also keep in mind that when the juice contains skins which I believe take up some considerable volume - so you're not really getting 6 gallons juice.

If it matters, a local place here sells products from local vinyards for like $6.50-$7.50 a gallon (PA, NY, and OH) and stuff from CA for anywhere from $12 to $14 a gallon. (JWDover.com)

Toularat, sorry for the delay havent been on recently. It's a wine making store that imports juices and grapes. You actually get fresh pressed from this fall from California and Italy. There is less then 1% solids like I said, the 6 gallon jugs actually gives you more than six gallons if the line on my primary bucket is accurate. Not sure if he ships thought, the place is only 20 minutes from my house. It's called California wine grapes company in Detroit. I usually rack from primary and top off a 5 gallon carboy which is a bit less then 5 1/2 gallons to the top, save the leftover with an airlock and top off with same juice on racking days, Ken

For about 2 weeks each fall my local SAM's club sells fresh CA must out of a refrigerated cargo container. I bought 2 20 liter pales of Muscat and one each of Zinfandel and Merlot. They had at least a dozen varieties to chose from. No skins, but a fair bit of solids. I paid $25 for each 20 liter pale.

Paul

Back