Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad the Mariners locked up Hernandez not only nice to have him around but Yankees and Sox fans will shut up for a while about trying to get him.

I'm on the fence about King Felix. The last time the Mariners got rid of 2 great players (R. Johnson and ARod) they got some great players in return and were actually good teams that vied for playoff spots.

Mariners could be a solid team. Unfortunately the'yre in the same division as the Angels and Rangers. But I could see Seattle being a sleeper team.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if they contend for a WC. I think our rotation got more solid with maurer coming up. And Morales and Morse definitely upgrade oue hitting.

Mariners will have 2 big issues. Health and they need guys to play to their ability.

Morse is the health guy, when healthy Morse is a masher. Gutierrez is next on that list. If he can stay healthy and be the OK offensively and best defensive CF in baseball that's a huge plus.

For ability that is almost 100% Smoak. He needs to play like the top prospect he was. Maybe adding Morse to take the pressure off as top hitter will help but he needs to start hitting or he'll be relegated to bust status pretty quick. Montero is the other one but he's much younger than Smoak so he has some time before becoming a bust but still needs it.

Mariners mashed in spring training which is exactly why they'll suck this year. I've never seen a team with so much talent not man up like they do.

So glad that Baseball is back. Good to see the Tigers overcome the cold in Minnesota. I've got tickets for the game on Thursday. Weather forecast is for the upper 50s, thankfully.

Braves put the stomping on the Phillies. Hopefully more of that to come. I know it's a tall order but I hope the Braves can reclaim their rightful spot on top of the NL East.

Alright whod of thought Astros and Mariners would lead the AL west!!!!! Suck it TexASS and La/Anaheim/California whatever you are.

Lookin a lot better then last year at this time. Got sick movement on his breakin stuff must be the new tat.

On a more relevant note Morse looking like a solid addition to the team nice three run bomb.

damn that Hisashi Iwakuma kid dealt last night. It's hard to watch with that stupid mid windup hesitation but it appears to be effective. Also it's nice to see Mike Morse finally started taking steroids and is mashing the ball. Raul is back?!?

Back