WILLHI controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
Has anyone else used a WILLHI controller for their keezer? I wired mine up and connected the freezer to it, set the temp to 7°C and left it overnight. This morning I checked on it and the display was showing -12°. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to freeze my brew.

Standard questions: Where is the probe located? Are you circulating the air? Is there anything in the freezer right now?

The probe is just hanging in there right now, there was no air circulating, and the freezer is empty.

What hysteresis do you have it set to? Are you sure it's in cool mode, and not heat mode?

The probe is just hanging in there right now, there was no air circulating, and the freezer is empty.

That's a great way to cause your freezer to short cycle and kill the compressor. I hope you at least had the ASD setting maxed out. You need some thermal mass inside the freezer if the probe is just dangling, or better yet, attach the probe to something with some thermal mass, like a small water bottle, or do both.

I reset it last night, and the hysteresis is at 5. There was no mass in there, so just let it run for a couple of hours to make sure it would hold the temp. It's default was HC, which was heating and cooling, but is now set to cooling only. Everything seems to be working correctly. Once I have the keg inside, I plan on having the probe in a bottle filled with water.

The hysteresis is set to 5, I currently have the temp set to 8. I plan on having the probe in a bottle of water once I put the keg and CO2 inside. I just had everything hooked up for a couple of hours to make sure it was functioning properly. After I had set the controller to cool.

Latest posts

Back