Alaskan Brewing Perseverance Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butcher

Reaction score
I know this beer hasn't been out long but I was wondering if a clone recipe existed out there yet? I haven't had any luck finding one.

I am currently putting a recipe together for brewing in the very near future. Will post ideas, thoughts and such. As a start, this is straight from the brewer:

This limited edition Imperial Stout is brewed with glacier-fed water, birch syrup from the Alaska Birch Syrup Co., fireweed honey from BeeAlaskan Apiaries, brown sugar and an array of different malts including malted oats and a dash of our world famous alder-smoked malt.
OG 1.093
9% alcohol
50 IBU

Cool. My sister sent me a second bottle of this a few months back. Apparently absense makes the heart founder cause the second bottle didn't taste as good as I remember the first one. I had emailed the brewery to see if they would give me advice and never heard back from them.

I have this in a keg now. It was a tiny bit tricky finding all the ingredients, but I did. I think it is very close to the original, but without tasting them side by side (anyone have a bottle they want to part with...trade maybe) it's hard to know for sure. Regardless, it's a damn fine Imperial stout. I'll hopefully have the recipe up soon. Keep an eye out.

Back