Home Brewers Formulary Poster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellynm

Reaction score
I saw this poster last week here at HBT and thought it was really cool. I'm sure I'll get grilled (like the guy with the Dogfish head keg), but I've got thick enuff skin. So...

I downloaded the original poster, then found a nifty program that splits any image into printable 8.5 x 11 pages or any size for that matter. Sent it to my printer and after a trip to Wally world....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55702192@N04/5426034853/

The poster printed out as 16" x 24". The frame was 18" x 24"... just right.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... even though you can see it's not a solid sheet... it's still pretty cool!

I printed the full size version on my plotter at work on best quality. That and the periodic table of beer styles (or the beeriodic table as I like to call it). Gotta love it! :D

I printed the full size version on my plotter at work on best quality. That and the periodic table of beer styles (or the beeriodic table as I like to call it). Gotta love it! :D

That's awesome! I'd like to find a plotter to print it out on... :)

Yeah, you should try to find a buddy who has access because I guarantee kinko's will rip you off. Have you seen that periodic table of beer styles? I use it more than the formulary.

I printed it through CVS with a coupon code for about $10, photo quality and it was like 18X24 or something, I can't remember exactly, very informative poster and a great deal on printing.

If a few people are interested in this I can print these on a removable, re-positionable interior wall vinyl.

adivito said:
If a few people are interested in this I can print these on a removable, re-positionable interior wall vinyl.

How much do you estimate the printing to be?

As long as I can get a high res image, which doesn't look like it will be a problem, I can print just about any size, Cost will be based on size and quantity.

Ummmm...that's not the same poster. Are you saying that you cannot do it because of copyright, but here's another poster or are you saying you can do it and here's another poster from the same designer? I'm confused. :confused:

sorry for the confusion. there are a few posters mentioned. i know most want the formulary. this was one of the others mentioned and I just wanted to let people know the designer told me where it was available.

I want the formulary I just ran through the staples online print and a 24x36 poster in color is $48. That is way more than I would spend on it.

Okay, I'll be the jerk. I'm pretty sure you can't sell services on this forum without being a preferred vendor, and trying to sell copies of artwork you don't have the copyright to, will probably not last long on here.

Use the money you save by brewing your own beer, and buy a legit copy of the artwork.

I think you jumped the gun. He checked and found it was copyrighted, spoke with the designer, and then told people how they could buy one legitimately.

What's the issue?

Okay, I'll be the jerk. I'm pretty sure you can't sell services on this forum without being a preferred vendor, and trying to sell copies of artwork you don't have the copyright to, will probably not last long on here.

Use the money you save by brewing your own beer, and buy a legit copy of the artwork.

He never said he was out to profit just that he could help some of us aquire a poster that is unavailable to the public (formulary). Like I said you can have kinkos, staples, office depot, etc print it for you but it is a very a expensive paper.

What's the issue?

I didn't catch his latest post while I was typing mine.

He never said he was out to profit just that he could help some of us aquire a poster that is unavailable to the public (formulary). Like I said you can have kinkos, staples, office depot, etc print it for you but it is a very a expensive paper.

Making a profit is a moot point. I was simply stating that I think selling items on this forum is against the rules, with the exceptions of vendors and the classified section. It becomes even a "worse" scenario if he was trying to sell an item that he cannot legally do so (copyright infringement). He did the great job of contacting the owner and asking about it though, which is admirable.

I didn't post to argue the ethics of copyright infringement, I was just trying to prevent someone from getting in trouble with the moderators.

I didn't catch his latest post while I was typing mine.

Making a profit is a moot point. I was simply stating that I think selling items on this forum is against the rules, with the exceptions of vendors and the classified section. It becomes even a "worse" scenario if he was trying to sell an item that he cannot legally do so (copyright infringement). He did the great job of contacting the owner and asking about it though, which is admirable.

I didn't post to argue the ethics of copyright infringement, I was just trying to prevent someone from getting in trouble with the moderators.

He never asked for money in his post... Therefore not selling... yet

Yeah it would be nice if it were actually on sale somewhere.....

If the original designer realized how many people would buy it he would surely want to look into selling them. If you do a search there are a lot of people on a lot of homebrew sites would like a poster. There was also a group of people that tried to contact the artist with no luck.

Latest posts

Back