Jaybird FB which support?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jprice

Reaction score
I built a brutus set up a few months ago and have only had time to build a handful of brews on it and each time I run the pump on the MT it seems to keep clogging/collapsing the false bottom :mad: . I think I cheaped out a bit on the fb for it (I got one of those domed false bottoms) and I think im gonna grab a Jaybird. Does anyone have any experience with the filtration stands underneath? I don't know if the level1 is adequate or if I should go with a 2 or 3 as I intend to make mostly 11gallon batches of big beers.

Jaybird built one of these for me after my previous one collapsed. Works like a champ!

false2.JPG

You figure it by applying the principals of hydraulics. Pushing 6 psi via pump, pulling suction, then multiplying that by the total area of the false bottom. The bigger the diameter of pot, the easier it is to crush.

Thanks for the order jprice! You will be set! From now on you will not have to worry about a false bottom failure! If you ever decide to build a boil kettle let me know, the level 3 is just the ticket for keeping hops out of your fermenter.

Keep us posted on how you like your new system...

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the order jprice! You will be set! From now on you will not have to worry about a false bottom failure! If you ever decide to build a boil kettle let me know, the level 3 is just the ticket for keeping hops out of your fermenter.

Keep us posted on how you like your new system...

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the quick response and all the advice, I will follow up with the results.

Jaybird's False bottom delivered as promised! No more collapsing false bottom blues for me, this thing kicks ass!

Back