bullfrog ale ebrewery build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainoverspray

Reaction score
Every seems to have their own build thread so here is the start to mine. Picked up my control panel box for twenty bucks off eBay. Trying to figure out my layout to either use existing hole or covet them larger components.

ForumRunner_20120517_084128.jpg

ForumRunner_20120517_084202.jpg

ForumRunner_20120517_084239.jpg

My plan is to shine this box up real nice. It will start out controlling one ekettle and then in the future evolve into a full two kettle eherms setup using my ten gallon cooler as the mlt.

Here is the wiring diagram I put together. I know it is not the best layout, it is still a work in progress. I still need to add in the PWM that I built to control the boil.

wiringdiagram.jpg

I think I put that in when I started and was planning on doing a full blown control panel like Kal has on his site. I think I will leav it out when I actually start building it. I have to place an order from McMaster so I can finish my element and then get either a keg or just buy an actual kettle. I will be busy traveling for work the next few weeks and will have no time to do any work on it.

Just ordered my pilot lights for main power and boil element. Also have both of the DPDT relays, main keyed power switch, and three way element selector switch coming. Hope to have this put together and running by time winter is here in WI so I can move down to the basement for brewing.

Got a little more work done tonight. My element is together now.

ForumRunner_20121001_223616.jpg

ForumRunner_20121001_223712.jpg

Also laid out my front panel.

ForumRunner_20121001_223931.jpg

Need to order a few more switches and led's. Decided to fully fill the panel now so all the holes are drilled.

The one mounted to the box? That was from McMaster. The cord came with the L6-30 plug installed and that was from ebay.

One question for the other ebrewery builders out there. My panel came used with out the inner piece where all the components will mount. I need to make one and was wondering what the material normally is. Is it steel or something else?

One question for the other ebrewery builders out there. My panel came used with out the inner piece where all the components will mount. I need to make one and was wondering what the material normally is. Is it steel or something else?

Anyone have any input on this? Almost to the point of laying out the inside and need to figure out what to do.

Anyone have any input on this? Almost to the point of laying out the inside and need to figure out what to do.

Mine was painted 1/8" plate steel. I drilled and tapped the holes for the components so I won't have to remove the plate from the box if I have to replace a component.

I think I am just going to use some 1/8 hard board for a patern and then transfer to some thin aluminum that I have laying around. I think it is also 1/8 so I could drill and tap it.

Back