07.07.07 - Last Poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we let Dude finish this

• Yes

• No

• We need another poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
--Look, I've got certain
information, certain things have
come to light, and uh, has it ever
occurred to you, man, that given the
nature of all this new ****, that,
uh, instead of running around blaming
me, that this whole thing might just
be, not, you know, not just such a
simple, but uh--you know?

Well, no, not exactly. It's a
complicated case, Maude. Lotta ins.
Lotta outs. And a lotta strands to
keep in my head, man. Lotta strands
in old Duder's--

the_big_lebowski_2.jpg

olllllo said:
--Look, I've got certain

Lol! I was just watching this last night for the millionth time!

olllllo said:
--Look, I've got certain

Well, no, not exactly. It's a
complicated case, Maude. Lotta ins.
Lotta outs. And a lotta strands to
keep in my head, man. Lotta strands
in old Duder's--

LMAO!!!!!!

I dunno, I think we need another thread on it!!!!! I'll take a look at the results so far, maybe propose some final questions (in a poll), and then we'll see what we come up with for the final beer. I want to keep it an HBT thing and not a "dude" thing though.....:)

Don't worry about that. We've made a lot of progrees, and just need the blessing of the Duderino.

I think we need a poll asking whether people feel we need another poll on this subject or not.

Frankly, I'm a little concerned we didn't have a poll about this poll before it was started. Clearly, there was a slight breach of etiquette.

I've kinda lost track of where we are, but I trust Dude to consolidate peoples' thoughts into a semi-coherent recipe. Go for it, man!

I think I'll have to have the DVD on and turn it up so I can hear it while brewing Saturday. Why didn't I think of that before?

Dude is a knowledgeable brewer, that's fo sho - but this is an HBT brew. The general options should all be collected from the discussion threads and put in polls to be decided by democratic vote.
Don't get me wrong, I value Dude's input (indeed, we have collaborated on numerous recipes) but I don't think he should have the final say.

Let me ask all of you a question, I'm sure Dude is more than qualified to make the call for what we do, but why in the he** would you go through all of the pain and tortchure of the polls if you were just going to lay it on one guy anyway? If you are looking at 50 to 60 brewers, majority should rule!! Look at the polls and pick a winner G** D*****!!!!:mug:

Eastside Brewer said:
Let me ask all of you a question, I'm sure Dude is more than qualified to make the call for what we do, but why in the he** would you go through all of the pain and tortchure of the polls if you were just going to lay it on one guy anyway? If you are looking at 50 to 60 brewers, majority should rule!! Look at the polls and pick a winner G** D*****!!!!:mug:

Umm.. I think that's what we're asking Dude to do.

We have a recipe almost bolted down; I think the point was to just get a little more input from the guy that started the ball rolling. Don't forget; the Dude abides.

Maybe somebody else that can read a bar graph should just look at the results of the polls and announce the recipe!! Oh! I'm sorry Dude go ahead man, what should we do?:confused:

Eastside Brewer said:
Maybe somebody else that can read a bar graph should just look at the results of the polls and announce the recipe!! Oh! I'm sorry Dude go ahead man, what should we do?:confused:

Hey dude with 10 posts... calm down please.

Anyone can throw some Cascade, Simcoe, and Amarillo in a bag, shake it up, and sprinkle a pinch in a boiling pot, and a dash into the same pot a little later... All we're asking for is a little interjection from a well-respected member of the forum to make sense of the 3,862,478 posts that comprise a debate that's been going on for coming up on a week and come up with something that's gonna taste good. Not to mention he's the guy who started everything in the first place.

Or maybe you can read the bar graph and announce the recipe. Either way's fine by me.

Ouch! didn't mean to hit a nerve, no disrespect intended. Let's just let Dude do his thing. I guess your'e right I am new to the forum so I'll just shut up now. Thanks for putting me in my place, I'm just a brewer. cheers.:mug:

Someone just compile the results and post it. I'm workign nights and haven't had a real good chance to go through everything. It seems even though people voted it looks like their is a little unrest even with the results.

I say whatever was voted for, we do, and be happy with it.

The only thing I think we need to REALLY stick to is no modifying of the recipe after we decide on it. Brew what HBT came up with collectively.

CRAP!! I'm going to be gone for two weeks right as this brew is supposed to be started!! I'm going to have to brew it a week before I leave, and let it sit in the secondary on the trip, then bottle it when I get back...

lets finalize it! :)

Rook said:
CRAP!! I'm going to be gone for two weeks right as this brew is supposed to be started!! I'm going to have to brew it a week before I leave, and let it sit in the secondary on the trip, then bottle it when I get back...

lets finalize it! :)

That's a more heartbreaking story than sally struthers could put together, what with your plight of HAVING to brew early :)

Ok, let me take a stab at this. I'm not as experienced as some of the others here so feel free to criticize, mock, point and laugh, etc. The grain bill is the last one on the main thread, which was a combination of texasgeorge's and brewsmith's

5.5 gallon batch

SG 1.050 (75% eff)

7.00 lb 2-row
1.00 lb Wheat Malt
0.50 lb Vienna
0.50 lb Honey Malt
0.50 lb Crystal 10L
0.50 lb Victory Malt
0.25 lb Biscuit Malt

.5 oz Simcoe 60 min
.5 sorachi 60 min

.25 sorachi, .25 simcoe, .33 Amarillo each at 30, 15, 10, 5, 2, and dry. this would be done by mixing 1.5 oz of sorachi and Simcoe with 2 oz of Amarillo and dividing equally into 6 additions. (or weighing it all out for the OCD among us) this adds up to 2 oz of each, for easy purchasing.

yeast could be us-56/1056. I prefer a neutral yeast to allow the malt and hops to shine through but I'm definitely open to suggestion. I think someone mentioned wyeast 1012 in another post.

Hercules Rockefeller said:
Ok, let me take a stab at this. I'm not as experienced as some of the others here so feel free to criticize, mock, point and laugh, etc. The grain bill is the last one on the main thread, which was a combination of texasgeorge's and brewsmith's

5.5 gallon batch

SG 1.050 (75% eff)

7.00 lb 2-row
1.00 lb Wheat Malt
0.50 lb Vienna
0.50 lb Honey Malt
0.50 lb Crystal 10L
0.50 lb Victory Malt
0.25 lb Biscuit Malt

.5 oz Simcoe 60 min
.5 sorachi 60 min

.25 sorachi, .25 simcoe, .33 Amarillo each at 30, 15, 10, 5, 2, and dry. this would be done by mixing 1.5 oz of sorachi and Simcoe with 2 oz of Amarillo and dividing equally into 6 additions. (or weighing it all out for the OCD among us) this adds up to 2 oz of each, for easy purchasing.

yeast could be us-56/1056. I prefer a neutral yeast to allow the malt and hops to shine through but I'm definitely open to suggestion. I think someone mentioned wyeast 1012 in another post.

Awesome - lock it so I can order my sh*t

Hercules Rockefeller said:
.5 oz Simcoe 60 min
.5 sorachi 60 min

In the spirit of the poll, I think we should not have Sorachi's in the recipe. It was about 3rd to last in the poll. Plus, I think some LHBS's have no idea what they are.

Cascade, Simcoe, and Amarillo got the biggest votes, so I think we should use those three varieties.

As far as the grain bill, Brewsmith posted something on the LONG thread that I think folks should look at.

And finally, yeast. Page 23 of the LONG thread, Wyeast 1272 was recommended. I like the idea myself, but am game for whatever the majority decides upon.

Back