Accidently didnt use all the hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
I made a Mild Ale last weekend and the recipe had 2 oz of Fuggle hops. I accidently misplaced one of the bags and misread instructions (1 1/2 oz at 60, 1/2 at 10) and found an extra bag of hops few days into fermentation. I used 1/2 & 1/2 during brew day. Is there a point for me to dry hop at this point or just leave it?

You'll be fine. You could dry hop, but that will only add aroma; no bitterness. That style is rather subdued with the bitterness anyways in favor of malt.

You'll be fine. You could dry hop, but that will only add aroma; no bitterness. That style is rather subdued with the bitterness anyways in favor of malt.

I know thats why I asked ;) I could always add it to my collection of stale hops that I will some day use in creation of a lambic.

The mild may seem sweet but you definitely shouldn't dry hop it. That wouldn't fit the style. It will be fine and will just be a sweet and malty mild. Either keep the hops for an eventual lambic or use them in basically any other british ale you make.

Latest posts

Back