minimalist label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A4J

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
pale_ale_label.jpg

taking the minimalist approach is always much harder than it sounds.

comments and critiques are welcomed.
is it too much or too little?

I think it's absolutely awesome.

Picturing it on a bottle makes me think that is an awful lot of white space, though, so I'd either:
1) add a red pinstripe around the whole thing about 1/4" in from the edges, or
2) just cut the label off at a 2" width instead of 4.5" or so for a unique skinny label.

Nice work!

just cut the label off at a 2" width instead of 4.5" or so for a unique skinny label.
I think that'd be fantastic. It's really hard making labels look new or unusual, but a minimalist thin label with your (really nice) design on it would be cool as tits.

Thanks everyone! :mug: The thought of skinny label did enter my mind. I'll print it up and see how it looks.

I might turn it and see how it looks with more of horizontal orientation.

Looks good but I do not get the box and crossbones thing.

glad you asked....

My brewery name is broken city - a name I've used for a long time for various things. I'm a City Planner and back in school, we would use little boxes to mock up urban patterns, hence the broken box.

My initial designs were starting to look like soda labels and I wanted something to show that the bottle is off-limits to kids.

Back