Belgian Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintocb

Reaction score
Got one in primary. My first real batch of beer. My OG was fairly low, 1.040. Any way to add some strength in secondary? I'm worried it will end up rather blah.

You'll be fine. Plan your next batch and make the corrections there.

What do you mean by first real batch? First AG, first non-Mr.Beer....? What was your targeted OG?

Wits are not high gravity, 40 may be a bit low, but not by much....

RDWHAHB

My first using realy equipment, as in not Mr. Beer. Although the recipe was my last Mr. Beer recipe. Not ready for AG yet, but I'll looking forward to getting into some partial. Maybe this will work out with time. Didn't have a target OG as the kit doesn't seem to know what gravity is. I'm switiching to better kits from now on.

if you only did a partial boil, your OG reading may have been wrong. its actually pretty hard to mix top off water into the wort you boiled.

luckily fermentation will mix it for you.

Didn't know that. I did do a partial boil. Makes sense though. Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better about it. Any way to get a true ABV on a beer like this in that case?

Back