What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkeller12

Reaction score
A guy at work who I talk to very infrequently heard that I brewed beer and has collected about 3 cases of Sierra Nevada bottles for me. I don't have a huge stockpile of finished beer so my question is, how much beer should I give him for all of the bottles he has collected for me? I don't want to give him too little but don't have much to spare. What do you think is the appropriate amount?

If he actually rinsed out the bottles then he put in some effort. If not rinsed then collecting bottles for you is just as easy as recycling or trashing them, assuming he drinks SN anyway. I'd give him at least a 6-12 pack of a good home brew for his trouble.

That was nice of him. Was it solicited?

I figure he's saving you the bottle deposits cost. Here that's $0.05. Three cases would be $3.60 That's about a six pack of home brew.

I would give him beer you think is one of your better ones, and as close as you have to Sierra Nevada.

WoodlandBrew said:
That was nice of him. Was it solicited?

I figure he's saving you the bottle deposits cost. Here that's $0.05. Three cases would be $3.60 That's about a six pack of home brew.

I would give him beer you think is one of your better ones, and as close as you have to Sierra Nevada.

It was somewhat solicited. He got into a conversation I was having and offered to save his bottles and I mentioned if he did that, a few bottles may come back full. I really didn't think he was going to do it.

I was thinking a six pack would be enough but didn't want give him nothing. We have no bottle deposit here so the bottles are just waste to him.

I don't think you should look at monetary value of the bottles. The guy was thoughtful enough to set the bottles aside and give them to you. I'd give him a sixer and use it as an excuse to brew more beer or buy yourself a six pack of something good to make up for your depleted supply.

Back