What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My honey ale conditioned for maybe 6 mo +. Kind of funky nose(possibly from my hops though) but with honey butter/light candied caramel/ floral. Taste is what I would like to expect to be for a honey ale- that it did and then some. Choose a good quality honey you like go 20-30% honey- you like,you like.

image-760060977.jpg

Anybody tried this? If so, what are your thoughts? Was tempted tonight but opted for a Pakos IPA. I may save this until I kill a big deer or Halloween. Whichever comes first!

Aschecte said:
That actually sounds kinda good too me as well. I think your onto something here.

Sorry, my Dillsner is already huge in my Scandinavian market ;) Meaning my family.

Had a New Belgium/Alpine Super IPA. I am baffled by the lemon, orange sorbet nose, and the lack of Sorachi Ace, and anise, hot alcohol, absinthe taste, that is not mentioned in any review. Also a Green Flash West Coast IPA, and a fresh Ruination via sale price on new stock?!

diptherunner said:
Green flash is a treat. Love their West Coast Ipa, Plus the bottles are awesome to reuse!

The small ones? I like the glue used, it comes loose after slight soaking. Three of my local breweries use these horrid labels that have a plastic cover, a layer of paper, and some irremovable glue underneath the paper. Firestone bottles are a joy.

Wookey Jack. This gets a: DAMN!

Upon first smelling it, it reminds me of the hop profile I chose for my Black Ipa, this one definatley wins though.Probably because of the chewy/oily megasmooth.

Edit: I think this will be going in my top 5 all time ever favorate memory category. And its one to remember for shure.My type of not too insane abv, also.

odinsgift said:
The small ones? I like the glue used, it comes loose after slight soaking. Three of my local breweries use these horrid labels that have a plastic cover, a layer of paper, and some irremovable glue underneath the paper. Firestone bottles are a joy.

Heck ya! Come off like a breeze. So do Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada. I've got a blue scrubber in my label bucket for those stubborn brands. (Lagunitas) ahem.

Skelator - that is a great brew. Got to try it last weekend. It is Smokey but is not over the top like other smoke beers I've had.

I am throwing back a fresh bottle of alesmith ipa. They changed up the label and it is no longer bottle conditioned. Still amazing!

Latest posts

Back