Painted Sankes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldogxray

Reaction score
I was thinking of painting my sankes (hlt and kettle) to dress up my rig a bit. Has anyone done this? Can anyone think of a reason this may not be a good idea?

Yeah...if you're not into the bling, it'll definitely work. That's actually a really original idea....everyone seems to leave the kegs shiny :mug: Maybe try engine paint? Just choose a color you can live with, because you'll NEVER get all the paint back off ;) I vote black or fire engine red!

Yeah...if you're not into the bling, it'll definitely work. That's actually a really original idea....everyone seems to leave the kegs shiny :mug: Maybe try engine paint? Just choose a color you can live with, because you'll NEVER get all the paint back off ;) I vote black or fire engine red!

Thanks ! I found some high temp enamel that is rated up to 2000 degrees.

I think that is the direction I am going to go. Probably Army black and gold

careful with the high temp paint. look for one that you dont have to "bake on" i used some, then read the instructions, it said to put what you paint in the oven after. i dont have an oven big enough for my brew rig.

I've been thinking of painting my kettles also. I don't see the need for 2000° high temp paint. I was thinking about stove paint for the lower skirt and then the rest in regular rattle can paint.

I've been thinking of painting my kettles also. I don't see the need for 2000° high temp paint. I was thinking about stove paint for the lower skirt and then the rest in regular rattle can paint.

I have seen other paints that have a 600 degree rating. Iwill use the one that I find the right color in

Thanks ! I found some high temp enamel that is rated up to 2000 degrees.

I think that is the direction I am going to go. Probably Army black and gold

I don't know....I think Navy Blue and Gold would look better.....:rolleyes:

I'd think it would be harder to keep clean. Not sure why you would paint a SS surface. You don't have to make them super shiny but why not just go at them with a Gator pad and give the swirl effect. They look good and you don't have to keep after them so much for them to look good. All the the parts of my stand that have been hit with wort look pretty crappy after the wort has baked on after a few hours of high heat. Wish I had used all SS on the stand.

I'd think it would be harder to keep clean. Not sure why you would paint a SS surface. You don't have to make them super shiny but why not just go at them with a Gator pad and give the swirl effect. They look good and you don't have to keep after them so much for them to look good. All the the parts of my stand that have been hit with wort look pretty crappy after the wort has baked on after a few hours of high heat. Wish I had used all SS on the stand.

I can see where that would be a problem I was just thinking of doing something different

Hmmm good point there about clean up. I don't care for the super shiny but I do like a nice clean. I was thinking a color would be cool but you are right about clean up. I'm waiting for Mcmaster to send me my fittings so I can get my kegs welded and brew some batches (moving from 5 gallon to 10)before I have to make a decision. Thanks for the input.:mug:

thats why I did my rig black. Still looks great and again, I built this thing back in about 05. High temp Black BBQ paint from home depot applied with a HLVP spray gun
IMGP2556.jpg

thats why I did my rig black. Still looks great and again, I built this thing back in about 05. High temp Black BBQ paint from home depot applied with a HLVP spray gun
IMGP2556.jpg

That looks good. I think I am going to do black on the upper and lower pats of the keg to match my stand and then an army gold in the middle. That way the gold should not get that dirty.:rockin:

Latest posts

Back