Finally got a logo made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quixand

Reaction score
It just hit me today...I've been road blocked for too long...

iczy4.gif

Solid logo. Very simple, black and white, I liked it alot. Are the roots in any particular shape? It might be cool if you could also make the roots tree shaped, so the image would be viewable upside down as well.

The roots are not supposed to exactly mirror the tree. The logo is that of the "World Tree" or "Yggdrasil". It is the tree from which the Norse God Odin hung himself during his self-sacrifice.

My Boxer pups name is Odin...so I wanted the name and logo to reflect the Norse background of my pup without calling it Odins Beer or something like that.

Glad you guys like it.

I like it also, but as a "viewing customer" I don't get the connection between a tree and what Vahalla means to me.

I mean, if I were drinking this in a bar and looked at the label, first the name then the graphic, what am I supposed to think?

Is there a connection between the two or am I missing something? :confused:

I suppose not everyone would get it....those people I hope would say...oh, cool logo. LOL

The World Tree is associated with Odin, the Norse God. Valhalla is where Odin would take the fallen warriors in battle, where they would await Ragnarok, or the final battle.

OK, I have a book on (many world cultures) myths and legends so I am familiar with the story you related, but getting my mind to go from "tree" to "Valhalla" (which goes directly to mead halls) isn't clicking for me.

However, I do appreciate the brain stimulation. ;)

And the graphic is nice. I like B&W. The idea mentioned about making the roots as the branches is good, but I would worry about a :drunk: person pouring the beer out (onto themselves) during the turning of the bottle. :D

very clean looking. I like it.
the lovely thing about it being for your homebrew is, you explain the logo while sharing some brew with your friends, or in conversation when giving some bottles away. if you are going commercial, then a mind connection for the general public is maybe more important.:D

the lovely thing about it being for your homebrew is, you explain the logo while sharing some brew with your friends, or in conversation when giving some bottles away. if you are going commercial, then a mind connection for the general public is maybe more important.:D
This is true, bionicbrew. :mug:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I Like the label, but would have named it Yggdrasil instead of Valhalla. When people ask you about the name, you can tell them the story while serving some good homebrew.

As a scandinavian, I should have come up with that name ;-)

Latest posts

Back